1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Please. :rolleyes:

You plead poverty nearly as much as the pint sized pimp. :p

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Cause it's just a club race lol

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not their intent at all.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If I were rich the Hoe would be a 2017 and not a 14 with just under 100k on the clock :D

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nice try. Hard to plead poverty when you're flaunting your wealth. :crackup:

6. I'm sure it's not, I wasn't being totally serious. But what they are doing damn sure isn't helping club racing, IMO.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't disagree. We've seen it with the kids. But if it helps them have a better show to sell it helps the sport and that helps us long term. So like I've said, I don't totally like it but I do understand it and hope they do well.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm rich bitch!

Know anyone that wants to buy a Suzuki QUV? :D

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Just give it to the gardener or the cook and cut their slave wages to nothing, Rockefeller. :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

BTDT, I don't even make 40k these days :D

11. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

I race a twin so I may be a little biased but, is there any reason this couldn't help club racing a little?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, as I said, racers have a limited budget, pro racing - even a twin - takes a bunch of money. They go pro and no money to enter club stuff means smaller grids for the clubs and that's how we all pay the bills.

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This part I definitely get and agree with, only so much pie to go around.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Do you guys really think MA has made these changes with a "if you build it, they will come" perspective? They've clearly done some research, talked to the teams and racers, talked to the manufacturers, and talked to the sponsors, and they know there will be enough participants.

The Great One, Scott S. and rcarson15 like this.
  15. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I choose 'C All of the above.'
    They are trying to grow the show. This press release has generated serious conversation (6 pages in the first day) which generates interest, which generates participation, which generates money. The whole idea is to bring in more money/racers/spectators/sponsors.
    How much does it cost to build a competitive 600 vice an SV/FZ/ZX/KTM ? Tuners classes are part of a solution, because not very many have Broome level resources. There are many who would like to showcase their tuning/development skills, and show that you can be competitive on less than 7 figures left of the decimal point.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I'd say the Bostrom Brothers did quite well....
    Kyle Wyman as broome has stated seems to be doing pretty well for himself.

The Wait brothers as well were both FUSA rides and one a champion.

Steve Rapp went and won a couple championships (even towards the end of his career he made bank)

Bobby Fong got the triple crown ride from his HD performance, then led to 2 different factory triumph rides (mine included)

Is that enough or should i go on?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think his point is none of them started there or even really made their name there.

Bobby was fast and should have been on the Triumphs even without the HD stuff.

Robby-Bobby and metricdevilmoto like this.
  18. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Did the 4 rounds WERA ran with MA hurt club racing? If anyone watched any of those races, they seemed to be exactly what the naysayers here are talking about. Fast club guys that were wanting to race during a pro weekend. They didn't seem to be a feeder class or somewhere to build talent and yet everyone seemed to enjoy having that class run. Why would this new twins class be all that much different?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It'll be different because rather than 3 races it'll be an entire series that riders will chase. It will be like the KTM Cup - which has absolutely hurt our grids.

20. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

That. Eslick did plenty before the XR class. So did Rapp. Both Wymans raced 600s before the XRs. Fong has always been a bit of a mystery to me. You know him far better than I do. I'm not sure why his career seemed to stall out. He's got the chops it seems.

I'm not sure what relevance the FUSA stuff has. I'm talking about, specifically, the HD XR1200 class and the KTMs. The classes that were, supposedly, their feeder classes.