1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I take offense to that Mr. "Brand new pasta monster every other year", my SV is far from clapped out!

:D

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Agreed - for an also ran like me it might be a way to do a "bucket list" one off round someday with the equipment I already have if they didn't limit the year.

3. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

The devil is in the details. Are we talking Ed Key level Super bikey? Carbon and TI goodness everywhere.
    It would be fun to build one if someone else was paying for it.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm not digging the pro twins.

Keep the pro in professional racing.

5. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

Got it, so need to repaint my 13 year old bike :D

Looking forward to see what they announce for what bikes will be allowed to run

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Can you say FZ07R!!!!! Hell yea. Andy Palmer at AP MotoArts was hinting about this to me. Not sure if he had any inside insight or not.

7. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Nothing you will ride.

8. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

It will be interesting to see what Ducati is legal for the class. Let's see if they learned anything at all from the Pro Thunder days.

9. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Time for a 650 Hawk comeback :)

gt#179 and cajun636 like this.
  10. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Yeah right! I'm sure some fool will try it. Nothing else will have a chance if they let 4v Ducatis into the mix.

gt#179 likes this.
  11. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

He's known for a while.
    Already has a 100hp FZ07

cajun636 and 50Joe like this.
  12. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

if you want to run you're 10 year old sv, fine and that's what WERA is for.. but i believe MA is introducing this new class as well as the changes the 300 class to push motorcycle sales to hopefully get more manufacturers involved.. which is what we need to grow the national series. again, I may be completely wrong, but have to imagine that is the intent.. it blows my mind that you race and still don't seem to get that. lol.

13. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Luckily no 565s [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roaring toyz and cajun636 like this.
  14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Real ones or the 565/580/ could be a 600 - can't remember which motor I put in it and sold the other one to somebody else even though it wasn't mine to sell...:crackup:

badmoon692008, stk0308 and cajun636 like this.
  15. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

And probably will need more :)
    Not sure made in Japan bike will be hot ticket.

16. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

I wonder if they worked with ktm on this as well as folding the cup series. My understanding is ktm is offering an out of the box super sport/bike kit for their new twin and it's aimed at the MA series.

17. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

My dumb question of the day - what are the current year cutoffs for MotoAmerica bikes in say the 600 class? Trying to get a rough idea on what to expect with the twins.

18. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

If it's a superbike class, any reason the "old" bike just can't run updated body work to appear as the "new" bike?

19. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com...d=3&moduleid=3004&articleid=11&documentid=154

MA/FIM fudges the years as necessary to work w same models and adds things like require parts updates. For ex, I'm racing an 08 R6 frame w a 12 motor and electronics.

rcarson15 and slimjim00 like this.
  20. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Only if it's allowed on the homologation list. Sometimes they rly care about frame years, sometimes they allow parts to be updated (generally more than bodywork).