1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Lowest displacement and lowest gain with rules. If you get it to be on pair with bigger bikes it will blow up on regular bases.

2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

This ...

We're going to build sensible motors and put them in a proven chassis setup and let the riders do what they know how to do. We'll probably be 10hp down to the FZ07 and no less than 15-20hp down to the 800s.

noles19 and JustaNobody like this.
  3. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

80hp and let the riders show what they got.

It'll be nice to see 80hp SV beat up on 100hp FZ and Duc.

V5 Racer and JustaNobody like this.
  4. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

except that KTM is going to put out 100 bone stock...

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

and exactly zero of these bikes has been officially homologated for the class

rcarson15 and Kordyte like this.
  6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

This thread will be 100 pages long before the official rules and specs are even released.

cajun636, badmoon692008, rk97 and 2 others like this.
  7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

my guess is 82-84 at the rear wheel before its uncorked. it will be a beast when it's built.

8. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

Well let's hope they figure it out before may ....

If I'm building a bike for it it'll be an SV unless I can find a stupid deal on a FZ07 but then I gotta own a Yamaha and I'd rather not

9. JustaNobody

How is the new SV compared to the 2nd gen ?

jschuster2 likes this.
  10. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

Very similar geometry and ergonomics are slightly different, however it doesn't feel much different

11. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I don't know, nobody buys new sv's around here. 99 model still sets lap records :)

12. JustaNobody

That's kinda what I figured and if you don't know then there probably isn't anyone that does lol

13. DirtyDawgR6

DirtyDawgR6 Active Member

Out of curiosity, how much more power could be reliably gained on the SVs with aftermarket rods under the current rules? Since the rules are still provisional I wonder if MA would consider an exception for the SV to help level the performance. This is assuming it makes a significant improvement.

Steven

14. How much would it cost to end up with the most badass FZ humanly possible?

The initial purchase of the bike, plus the 100hp motor build, Marchesini wheels, race prep, bodywork, Ohlins front and rear, full Ti exhaust, errythang.

How much would that bike weigh, assuming all possible measures were taken? Lithium battery, Ti bolts errywhere, etc

And what classes would such a bike be legal for? F2 and LWT-SB?

15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

And bump up HWTSB I believe...

16. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

He went aftermarket errrrrithing

JustaNobody and Gorilla George like this.
  17. Shit good call. I forgot about HWT-SB.

Hell, depending on the performance (and HP/weight ratio), it might even be fun in C-SB (at tracks like Tally and Barber). You'd obviously have to ride your ass off, but the challenge would be fun.

18. Is the Triumph Daytona legal for F2? I haven't RTFRB in forever.

19. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Don't quote me exactly, but I believe the AP SB builds start around 15k, get to 20 pretty fast and the macdaddy of them all is 26ish. He's pretty responsive if you reach out to him.

20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

A super crazy FZ07 with buying a new bike, I would estimate $25k to $30k. I bet weight would be around 300 lbs wet with fuel on a crazy build. Maybe less. My FZ07R is SS trim with nothing exotic. Shane Liles built the bike with AP MotoArt parts. He weighed it at 345 lbs with a full tank of fuel ready to race. Right around 78 hp I believe. Maybe Shane will chime in if he sees this post.