1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Only Intel there is, Max Van was rolling, Gabriel Dasilva about punted me and another rider off track coming into t1 wayyyyyy to fast on his r1.

2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Track was nearly 100% dry Monday from the 3rd session on.

3. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

PJ. He trains Lochoff, makes sense.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's still excited after Sunday :D

drop and mastermind like this.
  5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Zanetti balled out! he was on the box every time on that Factory Duc. im with @sbk1198 BAZ definitely underperformed and crashed a s -ton. however, I think he will be back and HSBK wants him back based on the interview for the pod

6. henry_carlson

so if i hadda fancy some guesses (and hopes) here is what i got:

M4 - Peterson and Lewis - Fong out or relegated to Altus - also huge shout out to Altus, they really show out for our series and I dont think they get the credit the deserve.
    Attack - Gagne and Herrin ( Herrin was doing great pre-covid and that fresh n Lean $$$ certainly helps get a seat) - i would love for JD to get an Attack seat but I just dont see it
    HSBK - Baz runs it back, granted he dosnt win or put it on the box and land a independent Ducati WSBK seat. if that happens I think they grab PJ or Elias
    Schiebe - Barbara - hell of a year for him. he did a lot better than I think was expected and comes back. if he wants to hangem up then they grab Fonger
    KW - R1 or double BMW duty with Travis

Hope we get a Honos team this year with RE, Corey A, and TE or any combination of the 3.

7. 418

418 Expert #59

The problem with Fong is I don't believe he can go back to SSTK, kinda like Jake Lewis couldn't last year. Something about SBK riders with wins not being able to run SSTK?

sbk1198 likes this.
  8. henry_carlson

i thought they changed that rule as we had Lewis and Lee back but idk ?

9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

https://americanmotorcyclist.com/wp...-MotoAmerica-License-Eligibility-1-5-2021.pdf
    Last year, there was the following rule, which looks omitted for 2021:

henry_carlson likes this.
  10. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

I don't see Toni going to HSBK under any circumstances. His interview saying how they basically promised him the ride then brought in Baz seemed to make him very bitter about that situation.

418 likes this.
  11. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Didnt they do something similar to PJ after their bike set him on fire?

drop and stk0308 like this.
  12. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Guest rides???? Not sure what you’re talking about.

When I did a track inspection at noon, there was a little streamer in T1 and T6 that both dried up pretty early in the afternoon, so again, don’t know what you’re talking about.

13. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

correct. I was actually mad at myself for not getting the bike out so I could be punted off track too!!!! At least we had a nice afternoon…. so many people bailed, there was tons of open track.

14. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

While I'd rather see Elias & Gange on the Attack Yam's, I think Herrin's Fresh & Lean $$ will keep him there. Unless Fresh & Lean punts him too, that would be interesting. Gange taking Nozanne's spot would be nice, but considering Yamaha didn't confirm which team GG was going to be riding on next year, makes me wonder how solid that team will be.

I'm happy for SDK, hope he does well. I wouldn't mind seeing Landers jump ship and take a slot at Suzuki.

Jake Lewis to M4, although reading through this thread, someone made it sound like M4 might fold?

Matty stays with Westby, short of a WSBK offer, that's not going to change. Love to see KWR field a two bike team, but it seems like KWR can barely support a single bike team, so that's even less likely IMO. I'll just be happy if KWR is on the grid.

I heard rumors Honos & Escalente were trying to get a Kawi SBK deal going for 2021 season, maybe they can pull it off for '22?

Baz doing well as a WSBK wildcard makes me think he'll leave the MA paddock. Upside is, it really does validate the MA series. Baz did well-ish in MA and went out and set down a solid top 10 pace in WSBK.

15. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Where are you suggesting GG is going? To take Locatelli's spot? WSSP?

16. koth442

I'm not suggesting anything, I noted that Yamaha did not say what Yamaha he was going to be riding. In years past, the announcement was "GG on Yamaha Jr. Team" but the latest one didn't comment. Locatelli has already signed a Yamaha contract to stay where he is AFAIK.

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

With Locatelli and Toprak, not moving there is only one place for GG and that is right where he is now. If he returns to form, I could easily see Toprak moving up to MotGP and GG stepping up to the factory team in 2023. That would open the door for Gagne in the Jr. team particularly if Nozane doesn't improve next year.

18. koth442

Is Nozane on a two year contract? In general, it seems the Jr guys are on one year contracts.

19. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Gerloff is staying in the GRT team. He announced that a while ago...unless something changed since then.

koth442 likes this.
  20. koth442

henry_carlson likes this.