1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Isn't Wyman moving over to BMW?

2. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Ideally Jake would move on from MA, I dont know where to though.

Would be cool if Escalante went to SBK on a Kawasaki, does Honos have the money? They already back Alexander on the Stock1000 ZX10

Steve Scheibe said a few times he wants to focus on being upfront before getting the new BMW. I dont know if the team has the resources to develop a new superbike. But I also have heard BMW is going to have a SBK team for 2022.

3. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

The guy was on a new bike to him and the team, new tires, new tracks, if it was his second year i would agree with you but first year give the guy some slack.

Not sure if anyone here can answer this but i was always curious what a guy like Baz or Barbera would make over here compared to riding in Europe. Im not looking to get into anyones personal life but as a big fan and ex car racer im curious what some of these riders make in a year. Most fans just see the glamour at the track and all the crap on IG but are these riders making a good living riding here in America.

Love to see Kawi and Honda Superbikes, also would love to see MA adapt the new Supersport rules

4. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

On the show Sunday they said Gagne was staying at Attack, id rather see him stay and we get more talent here to challenge him.

MyWayGuy and rafa like this.
  5. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

If this happens will there be a mad dash to scoop up Daytona 765s? I know AP/Stanboli had a ton of success with the 13+ Daytona. The D765 is essentially a 13+ with more power and proper electronics.

ajcjr likes this.
  6. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

My MA wish list for '22:

- KWR teams with Travis or Escalante and BMW for a 2 rider SBK team.
    - Alex Dumas or Jake Lewis join Petersen at M4 on the SBK
    - Ty Scott joins Lochoff at M4 in 600SS
    - Gloddy jumps up to join Rocco for a 2 rider team in 600SS at Landers Racing
    - Kohlstead gets the Altus STK1000 ride vacated by Lewis
    - Attack fields 2 R7's along with their SBK program and ideally Kayla and Limandri Jr are on them.
    - Herrin is replaced at Attack by Dumas or a world level rider needing a seat.
    - Gagne will likely return as there doesn't seem to be many top level WSBK seats for next year but him taking Nozone's ride would be awesome.
    - Baz returns and shuts up all of us doubters with a much more consistent season run - everyone here is screaming about his DNF's but man, at least half of those were mechanicals - same for the new Aprilia RS660 - as mentioned those things were FULL of growing pains and gremlins this year to absolutely nobody's surprise.
    - Mesa, Dumas, or Fong on a Robem Aprilia RSV in STK1000

ajcjr likes this.
  7. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

8. 418

418 Expert #59

henry_carlson and sbk1198 like this.
  9. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Wasn't the Aprilia given special permission to participate as an exhibition/test, but were excluded from the results? It is technically not legal to compete with the 1100 cc motor. Is there rumors of a rule change or is this a case of "I hope it happens"?

10. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I agree a big disappointment. If you watch how he raced the Ten Kate R1, that thing was never settled and he was riding wildly at all times. I don't think he has any smoothness to his riding style. In my OPINION he was riding over his head for the most part and his riding style was catching him out. Grabby on the brakes and forcing the front too much.

11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Correct. Test only. Currently not homologated.

Bruce likes this.
  12. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Probably harder to evaluate it in the middle of a monsoon… but hopefully there was enough data to see how it compares.

13. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

That race win @ Indy you're citing, Beaubier crashed his bike twice in race 1 and basically had a brand new setup under him, ran 6th all race before finishing 3rd, Scholtz was not present after getting hit by Cam's bike in race 1, and Fong led until the last lap.

I get a win is a win, but you're cherry picking if you use that result as a proxy for how that program stacks up with the field.

14. 418

418 Expert #59

Wonder if there is any intel available from the STT Monday test/track day?

sbk1198 likes this.
  15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I think Chaz is staying in wsbk he's just hurt. With his wife and new kid I don't think he wants to come back to the states.

418 likes this.
  16. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Yeah but he still beat Gagne in that race. And I wasn't cherry-picking, I was just saying that he won a race and had a few podiums in his very short time in the series. We could also cherry-pick Baz's opportunities while we're at it. Gagne out in the first race...Baz still didn't win. Gagne crashed at BIR...Baz went on to crash in the very next turn, no win. Gagne, Scholtz and Petersen crashed at Barber in the rain...Baz went on to do the same, still no win. I guess Zanetti capitalized on the one time Beaubier had a shitty weekend, but Baz had multiple opportunities to do the same too and hasn't. I'm not hating on the guy, I actually wanted him to win since I wanted to see a Ducati win the championship lol, but I was just disappointed with his overall performance. I still want to see PJ on that bike or would be cool to see Chaz Davies on it, but if Baz ends up staying I hope he wins next year.

Gorilla George and 418 like this.
  17. 418

418 Expert #59

I don't think that team was quite as put together as Baz was led to believe to being but I agree he pissed away some good opportunities.

Now where are all those guys that gave him the championship at the beginning of the season?

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The track was shit on Monday so all the guest rides got scrubbed. Even when the sun came out, still had streams running across the track. The track was dry today when I left at 9am. Aprilia track day was going on.

418 and Shenanigans like this.
  19. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

For sure Zanetti deserve his do and Baz tossed some results down the road, but Gagne looked like a slight better version of Herrin that year and it seems Cam was contemplating a major life decision.

Still fair play to Zanetti for seizing the opportunity.

20. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I'll take a stab.

Sb
    Cam Peterson leaves
    Bobby Fong fixes himself or he is gone.
    Josh Herrin gone.
    Fresh and Lean gone.
    Sadly my favorite rider Elias still stays on the couch and only fills in here and there

Supersport
    Since sdk is leaving, a past supersport rider takes his spot. I have a name, but waiting for more details.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021