1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Here is my opinion on the Ducati as evidenced by results and rider comments in WSBK and MA ; It will never be a consistent winner because the setup window is too small and it is too easy to miss when the tracks differ so much from each other. It is even more difficult in MA due to the spec tires that it was not developed around. I would not read very much into the success of one rider at one track, like Baz this weekend or Zanetti at the one MA race he won. Getting it right enough at one race does not and will not make that bike a consistent winner. If KWR racing could not get equal results to what he had gotten on other bikes with what appears to be a much bigger effort, tells me that it is the bike and the fact that he is going away from it tells me even more.
    I believe that the Ducati is essentially a POS at the top levels of racing and the only reason it is still there is due to the dollars that having a factory team and factory support for other teams generates.

cav115 and 418 like this.
  2. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Baz to WSBK. Wyman to Warhorse.

3. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

The only validation I saw is how great and far ahead Attack’s program is, it seems like any high quality rider will do.

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If Ducati doesn't help out you may not see warhorse, that's my bet anyway if baz leaves.

5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

You think Zanetti was a right place, right time sorta thing? How many races did he race? How many did he win and podium?

6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

How much has Ducati been helping out?

7. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

I guess you don’t think too highly of Josh Herrin then…

The Great One and henry_carlson like this.
  8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I think it was 6 races
    1 win but 6 podiums.

9. CLM81

CLM81 Well-Known Member

Well, When I first heard the rumor that Yosh was done racing MA I said no way, they have been racing for 40 years. They obviously didnt fold but the race dept has got to be a storage room right now
    That said. I think Team Hammer did a great job this year. Attack just had it covered . Peterson obviously had better results but Fong never whined, never point fingers, blamed the bike/crew. That says a lot. Not sure what happen. Big issue, lot of small issues, rider, bike?
    I would hate to see another team leave MA. Way to many talented, fast riders just sitting already

10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

heard Fongers main issue on track was when he crashed the bike he lost some parts that were not able to be replaced

11. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

If Baz goes Warhorse will remain, they were gridding up before they had Baz. I also agree that Factory Ducati will send someone unless Warhorse can convince that someone local can get it done and hey, maybe they can argue that a local kid with more knowledge of this series and its tracks can produce better results. No clue on who Duc sends over, Pirro? Cavalieri?

418 likes this.
  12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Correct, I think with Zanetti they had a very experienced rider that was able to get the best out of a setup that was pretty good for the track he won on and good enough for the tracks where he podiumed. I still don't think the Ducati can be a consistent winner in MA or WSBK until they make the chassis better to have a wider setup sweet spot. If the Ducati wins I think it is when the crew hits the sweet spot and the rider is spot on. An excellent crew and top rider can enhance the chances.

13. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Wasn't Zanetti a Duc factory test rider? That likely paid dividends and supports your theory.

14. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Wow, that’s a leap!

I think Josh is high quality rider. He had a tough year, which was made to look worse than it was because his teammate was so dominate.

The reason Attack was “validated” in my eyes and not the riders mentioned, is that I already know “our” top riders are as good as anyone out there. It all comes down opportunity and experiences.

What I didn’t know was how much of Cam’s 2020 domination was do to Attack. Jake’s 2021 domination proves to me that Attacks program is step or two ahead of the rest currently.

15. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Zanetti had 2 Ducati factory engineers with him from Italy, did Baz had similar support?

16. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

He has had 2 at all the rounds at least, at Pitt Race he had 3 and the factory reps as well.

17. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Unless something has chanced at Ducati, they've stated that the only direct factory support is for the one WSBK team and one MotoGP team. All others get the support they(the team) pay for. So, I would expect any "factory" guys at MA rounds are being paid for by the team that they are working with. How deep is Warhorse's pockets?

18. alan

alan Well-Known Member

DEEP! But just a matter of what their threshold is for spending and not winnning.

19. 418

418 Expert #59

I seriously doubt Warhorse is paying for everything. They got Ferracci on that team. And wasn't the CEO of Ducati at one of the rounds?

I think it's a psedo factory team. Ducati just doesn't want or can't afford the full commitment. Just tipping their toes in.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Eraldo gets a hefty discount from his old friends in Bologna...

stk0308 and 418 like this.