1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most reliable used 400+ HP Sedans

Discussion in 'General' started by Sean Jordan, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Brand New Golf R

2. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

Focus RS would be freaking awesome!

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well now we are no longer talking sedans. Now it's hatch backs.

Ghost of Casby likes this.
  4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Did we establish a budget on this vehicle?

M5's are awesome cars, but for that money, there are a lot of awesome options.

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I feel your pain, my wife has an '03 e39 wagon she is in love with but it's always something on that car.

6. Venom51

Maybe she just likes things that need a little work. Explains her attraction to you doesn't it. :D

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

What is the timeframe?
    If you add Focus RS, then you may as well add Civic Type R. Subaru STi/Mitsubishi Evo can easily make 400 hp.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because only chicks and knit hat wearing IT working hipster lumbersexual melvins drive sedans. 5 doors rule! :D

Cuddles de Sade likes this.
  9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

No, not if it's a little work that she likes. I'm a full time job :D

10. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

At that rate, Hyundai Equus is a very nice place to spend time. I don't think the driving experience is comparable to the Genesis, but it's an amazing value, and 429hp...

kbro45 likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Lexus sounds almost like a no-brainer to me, if you're sticking with $40k 400 HP sedan.

BigBird likes this.
  12. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

The 2016 Q50s with the new motor will start in the $55k range, no different than when the 2014 version came out. You want every gizmo in it and to drive home the one in front of you off the dealer floor and not wait 2 months, make it $60k.
    If they do it like they did on the 14 model, the non-S with the traditional steering column is the actual "driver's" car to buy.

Other than the motor and freeing up some weight on the front axle which will give it a very nice balance in the awd version I'm slightly confused with the direction of the suspension tweaks they've made, I actually prefer the rear to step out while on the gas just like it does on the real cars.
    And just like with any suspension on any vehicle, the aftermarket options for components and chassis optimization (especially for a Jap car) are vast and far superior than the oem stuff.
    And if you don't want to go too overboard, a set of lightweight wheels and sticky tires is most likely all she needs as a daily driver.

Cons of the Q50: a little tight in the back seat, could have really used 3" of leg room and 3" of head room. I'm not sure mine will be able to handle the baby seat in the back adequately, I'll find out in a few months.

13. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I had an 07 IS350. engine felt great, transmission was meh and WAY more warranty work than a Toyota should have. I sold it for an A4 as soon as the warranty ran out.

14. Venom51

I only identify with Melvin.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think the Lexus is ugly but it's a great car. My choice would be the V. Get a few more bucks together and get the wagon :D

16. Venom51

Of course you like it. It's a really fast Aztek. :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're delusional.

18. Venom51

Same angular styling. Same reason I'm not a fan of the KTM bikes. Too many angles in the styling. Notice I didn't knock it's performance, If you like the styling it's bad ass ride.

19. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I don't like the Lexus look either. The CTS V monster wagon from a few years ago is a sick car, the interior is a little sub par.

And KTMs are awesome, looks and everything. :D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll grant you it's angular, unlike the Aztek though the caddies look great :D