1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most reliable used 400+ HP Sedans

Discussion in 'General' started by Sean Jordan, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Yeah, the S is the middle one.

But I NEEDED the Turbo, you know, for going to the gym and shit. :D

sdiver, Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  2. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Every time I go to race track Porsches are #1 choice and most popular car. WRX, Evo and this small rally style cars are rare and don't do that good.
    Club I drive with is about 50% Porsche.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

sounds like different budgets are a factor too...

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:D
    I wouldn't put my money on a focus RS against a 2-door Porsche.
    But you can't argue with the laws of physics (except if you are Nissan) and even if the bacon moves amazingly for a 2-ton car, it is a 2-ton car.

5. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

I've driven the macan at barber. It's amazingly capable. Now I don't know how the lap times would compare. It would be interesting to find out.

The Macan will whoop ass on the track, it will just destroy tires in the process.

The S is the middle one in Europe. They are brining the 4 cylinder to the US next year.

6. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Evo's and Sti's are like $35k new these days. Thats a nice used 997 carrera or two old boxsters.

7. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

You laugh, but even those could be decent cars. My dad had a 2001 zx3 back when he autocrossed regularly while stationed in Hawaii. When I came home to visit, it could be in the top 5 of pax times and pretty decent straight up. I was a good bit faster in that than his rsx type s. After he retired, he sold the car to my brother who put it through the ringer while stationed in Naples Italy. Now, my brother still owns what has been a pretty reliable and fun to drive 15 year old car.

8. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

350 HP and will most likely exceed 1G of lateral acceleration in stock trim. I think it would be very close.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, I have no doubt that the focus would hold its own. But if I have money on the line, I'm making the safer bet.

10. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Rode in a friend's 2014 550i today, big and good looking and even bone stock pulls really hard. Wouldn't take much at all to make it put down some serious hp/ torque numbers.

11. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

most of the porsche models follow the line of base, S (little bump in power), GTS (suspension from turbo and a bit more power), and Turbo (mack daddy package). The "4" usually denotes all wheel drive.

12. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

As-is they are stupid fast. I raced a S65 AMG againts a 750 from 15mph and the 750 jumped like 4 cars ahead strait away, and thats with about 200hp less then the S65. Very impressive.

13. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Too big, I think.

14. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

If the turbo is the mack daddy, the turbo S is the mack daddy's mack daddy.

BigBird likes this.
  15. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I have a 2016 Dodge Charger Scat pack 6.4L and its an amazing car. It needs help in the handling department since its heavy
    On the freeway today a newer zx10 wanted to play so I stomped it.
    Took him a few to go past me then he rubbed his shoulder like it was a breeze.
    Freakin moron.

16. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

My personal P-car track experience is anything short of a GT will exhibit issues with being tracked on a regular basis.

17. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

Brother has a WRX STI that's been worked. A 4 cylinder should not sound or move the way it does.

BigBird, L8RSK8R and rk97 like this.
  18. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Every time I hear a WRX (doesn't even have to be the STi) with an exhaust system, I think to myself, "I really wish Honda would have put flat 4's in the 90's civics before the fast and furious tuning craze."

19. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Ours made 480 to the wheels @ 18 PSI, with 750cc injectors maxed out. 1000cc injectors would bring it to 550WHP easily.

Dropped the initial dyno tune video, in youtube section.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    BigBird likes this.
  20. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I've been thinking about getting a 4 or 5 door sport car, was a toss up between Audi S3, Ford Focus RS and the STi. Still haven't made up my mind but hearing stories about the HP being pushed by the Subaru is insane.