1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#metoo hypocrisy

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Aug 19, 2018.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I hold it for everybody. Aint no skin off my nutsack if someone wants to get indignant about it, just makes me smile all the more that a simple gesture of courtesy is doing this...

[​IMG]

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid: Old, young, male, female, everything in between. If you're worried about who you're holding for then you're doing it wrong.

cav115 likes this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Women are becoming unhappier because they have been convinced
    they need to live and act just like men. The resultant lifestyle
    makes them unhappy.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

I always hold doors open for others. I know at times some of the women seem a little surprised and even hesitate for a bit but are very appreciative and do smile. I just don't think it's the norm like it use to be. Also putting a jacket or coat on a women etc.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Screw the coat thing, doors however is just polite for anyone.

6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I even hold the door for big Mongo looking dudes. It was simple common courtesy back in the paleozoic era when I was raised.

J Bart likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

More #hetoo monkey business coming out of Columbia. Remember good ol' mattress girl?

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I do it just to make people walk faster.

10. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Thank you for posting, as I have a mother (recovering alcoholic), a sister (43, single, profressional), a wife, and two girls.

Comparing the first Guardian article to the second one listed, I cannot comprehend how the same publication publishes both of them. The first reports on/summarizes a study, the other gives a soapbox to a dingbat.

The Psychology Today article turned out to be an advertisement for the author's book; disappointing.

The USA Today article is the best and most disturbing to me (as a recovering alcoholic and child of the same). I live in a well-off section of Atlanta, and I watch men and women in their early forties party like we did in college 20 years ago. They seem mostly happy but insanely stressed, especially the moms.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's gotten so out of hand that now there's #MenToo

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

You tell that to my grandma. :D

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm not one for more laws, but if it can be proved that you knowingly falsely accuse somebody of sexual assault or some other crime that essentially ruins their lives, you should receive the same prison sentence that they would have.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Grandmas are a totally different thing. You do whatever the hell makes them happy :D

sheepofblue likes this.
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'd say throw the book at this skank....

https://pluralist.com/ben-feibleman-sues-columbia/

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-48379980

"Actor Geoffrey Rush has been awarded the largest ever defamation payout to a single person in Australia.
    The Oscar-winner was last month awarded A$2.9m (£1.57m; US$1.99m) after winning the case against Nationwide News, which publishes Australia's Daily Telegraph.
    The Sydney newspaper had published stories accusing him of behaving inappropriately towards former co-star Eryn Jean Norvill (Orange is The New Black)"

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

The sad part of that is there are people out there who will work hard to discredit everything about him. He was certainly flawed but there was a lot of wisdom in his message by the time he was killed. The communists among us are using the playbook to tear down society. Similar was done to the founding fathers who while not perfect did something that had never been done before in history. They choose to not take power after a revolution rather truly attempting to leave it to the people. Compare that to the communist peoples revolution where some animals are more equal. Certainly Washington and company were flawed people but that does not negate their amazing accomplishment. In a lot of ways MLK is similar, he choose brotherhood instead of hate in a time where hate would have been easy.

20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Gonna be awesome to see the “racism fighters” battling the “sexual fighters” in the name of MLK!

Should be a Good Friday night Sissy Fight!