1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marchesini Cush Rubber Options?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Tractionless, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Tractionless

Tractionless Well-Known Member

Awesome Steve you're the man!!!

Remember Timm I have a TD 12/19, can ya squeeze a set out for me to test then?

More like pathetic for what the wheels list cost is new. Then the US distributor acknowleges they need to be changed every race weekend so just call him with $85 in hand when you need them. F'that, I'll pay $100 a set to Timm for ones that last!! :bow:

2. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I've got that in mind. I'll be drawing up the mold and starting work on it as soon as I get the wheel. I can make a much better temporary mold from the wheel if necessary, so I don't see any problem with getting a couple of sets to you by then.

No rush getting the B set back to me, they won't get here before I leave for Thanksgiving.

3. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

umm, i agree however for the past 3 years no "timm" solution was out there and we got tired of telling our racers/customers "another $85 please" so we figured out a solution and so far zero issues and held up for over a season at a time...plus it cost $0.00. just used old feeler gauges. Again im sure the "timm" ones are awesome and nice to see a solution for everyone. We were just trying to find a way to make em work...

4. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Just won a forged Marchesini wheel on ebay. I'll be able to design and fit the parts much easier now. Stay tuned.

5. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Does this happen with OEM march's too?

6. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

It depends on which OEM Marchesinis you are talking about.If it's the OEM Ducati, then no because it's a different type of cush drive. If you're talking about the R1LE, then as far as I can tell, yes it will happen with them.

7. Tractionless

Still in the works guys!! Timm has a wheel as stated above and is having a professional mold produced as we speak. I will be testing another set 1/30/11.

8. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

The production mold is finished and should be in my hands by tomorrow afternoon. I expect to have the first parts made by the middle of next week.

9. cbreakin

cbreakin Well-Known Member

Sweet! Put me down for a set!

10. JSR29

JSR29 Member

I am 100% down for a set of these! The slop in the sprocket carrier drives me batty and new cush rubbers from marchesini gets stupid expensive!

11. sweeney186

sweeney186 Well-Known Member

Put me down for a tester of the old marchesini cush drives

12. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Which type do you have?

13. Sv Racing Parts

Sv Racing Parts High Quality Racing Parts

:) Hi, I have the Marchesini Wheels on my 2001 SV650, They were made for the bike and have the 5.5 inch Rear Rim,
    Email me Directly at [email protected] I would be very happy to work with and test out the parts for you,
    Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
    Blair

14. Tractionless

Don't know if Timm is doing any testing of the new style cush layout, but I will be testing one of his production mold variants at the end of the month.

15. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Keith, as far as I know your wheels have the newest style cush drive. Blair has the same setup.

I'm making some final tweaks on the mold today and I hope to pour some parts later in the day.

16. sweeney186

sweeney186 Well-Known Member

the 4inch type w/ the dowel in the middle

17. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

How much for a set of these critters ??

Are they all the same size, no matter what Marchesini wheel they go in ??

18. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

No, aside from the OEM ducati wheels, there are three diferent types:

Type 1 Round with a steel sleeve in the middle:
    [​IMG]

Type 2 A truncated pie shape with a steel sleeve:
    [​IMG]

Type 3 A split pie-shaped type:
    [​IMG]

I'm working on type 2 and type 3, with priority currently going to type 3.

Price is still being worked out.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  19. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Fresh out of the oven:

I just had these poured this afternoon:

[​IMG]

Trimmed and installed in the wheel:

[​IMG]

As you can see there are some bubbles. This was the first attempt to cast parts in this mold, so there is a bit of a learning curve in figuring out how to pour it bubble-free. I'm very happy with the fit of the sprocket carrier with the cushions installed. It just drops right in with no significant play.

Way better looking than the first set from the tempory molds, eh Keith? ;)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Tim... do you have to cut the invidividual pieces out of the mold??
    Didnt realize the "new" style was so much differerent.