1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marchesini Cush Rubber Options?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Tractionless, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Tractionless

Tractionless Well-Known Member

After 8 track sessions the brand new Marchesini Cush drive rubbers are shot!!

The wheels are brand new from a vendor and included the cush drive and rubbers. I can rock the cush drive fore and aft in the wheel 1/8" while it's on the bike!! Anyone else have this problem? Solutions? Obviously the included rubbers are garbage.

Never had this problem with the Suzuki parts in the 30 sessions they were on the bike.

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

common with the marchesini cush. Even ordered new cusions for one of my wheels ($80 man was i stupid) and after just a couple races it had that slight amount of play. I have 2 rears, and both do the same thing. Sure makes it easy getting the drive on and off..LOL.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

4. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Yep I have Marchesinis also and they do the same thing. Mine are less than a year old.

5. Tractionless

So for $3500 (not what I paid, but ya get the point) we have to live with this BS?! :wow:

I have another set coming for $0 as I called the imported and complained, but I guess it will do the same thing. Anyone cut up their stockers to fit?

6. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

I can't see how a stock cush would fit any marchesini, if they still use that big round hole and bush.

7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

they get that fine amount of play, but then never gets any worse. (just fyi).

8. Tractionless

Thanks all, just wanted to make sure I'm not the only one experiencing the problem.

9. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I was thinking of this very thing recently. The company I work for does custom urethane formulations and I was wondering about the need for better cush drive "rubber". I'm certain I can come up with a formulation that is both tougher and provides cushion. Who wants to send me a cush drive rubber that I can use to design a mold? Send me a pm.

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You can buy different grades of tool and die urethane and have some machined..McMaster Carr has it, comes in rounds...

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

exactly what I was thinking. I got a lot of urethane bushings made for my truck (and others) for much less than the crappy stock rubber.

12. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Just to add, I'll make 'em for free for the first person to send me a part to design off of.

13. Tractionless

14. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Pm replied.

Thanks Traction!

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

If this post was made 6 months ago before I installed the last set I had I could have gladly obliged :D

In any event, if Tractionless provided you the goods to mock some up I'd be very interested in picking up a set. I'm more than positive you could find quite a decent cross section of riders that would be interested in these as well. Very frustrating having brand new cush rubbers worn out in just a few months.

16. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I just spoke with our chemist to get the ball rolling so we can figure out the best formulation. There are some great possibilities as to how we can tailor the urethane for the right amount of "give" and still have a part that can last the life of the bike. Now I have an excuse to convince my wife that I need a set of Marchesinis to do R&D! :rolleyes:

17. Tractionless

I Pm'd Tgold and offered a piece of the brand new set that should be on its way to me as we speak to use in constructing a mold. Honestly it's useless to me anyway if it's just going to have play 8 sessions after installing. I will be sending a used example as well so they can determine the failure issue. To me it seems the pieces are too stiff and don't allow the "rubber" to return to its original shape after being loaded. But I'll let the experts handle that one!!

From what I was told per the importer if race teams are replacing them on a race by race basis it sounds like there will be a HUGE demand not only on this forum but throughout the roadracing community.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  18. cbreakin

cbreakin Well-Known Member

Mine have developed play as well (after pretty easy street riding). I too would be interested in an upgraded aftermarket set.

19. Tractionless

New and used rubbers on their way to Tgold for workup tomorrow.

20. Tractionless

Tgold received Thurs. 10/28 and will begin constructing molds etc. week of 11/1.