1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marchesini Cush Rubber Options?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Tractionless, Oct 12, 2010.

1. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

The Type 2 Marchesini I've been running for about a year. Flawless and perfect!

2. hondadog

hondadog New Member

Okay thanks!

3. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Timm tried reaching you a few ways, need to order a set for customer. Please let me know via pm or email Thanks much!

Eric

edrshop AT gmail DOT com

or PM

:beer:

4. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

any update? im in need for a set or two

5. MitchB

MitchB New Member

Sent an email to Timm - no reply.

Very happy with the type IIs he sent. I just got an old set of three spoke mags and would like to replace the Type I rubbers ...

6. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if he is still making and selling these? Picking up a set of BSTs and would love to have a set of Timm's Cush Drives.

7. Indetrucks

Indetrucks Well-Known Member

Anyone know if Timm or anyone can source this style cush drive for Marchesini wheels?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Back from the dead!

Does anyone know if he is still making and selling these? I need some for a Marvic wheel.

9. Indetrucks

As far as I know, no. My emails to him go un-returned.

Not sure if you need the same ones I did, but I created this thread and found what I needed.

10. NYCEER6

NYCEER6 New Member

What ever happened to these?

11. Indetrucks

See the post I made above yours. That is your answer

12. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

13. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

14. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

15. One2

One2 Well-Known Member

Back from the dead.

I recently bought a set of OEM cush drive bushings for a Marchesini M7R aluminum wheels (part number 4240) and I randomly thought to find a company that can make these since they are trash and there's no aftermarket option.

I contacted a company in Texas, Precision Urethane & Machine, and just so happened to get connected to a guy who rides an RC51. He told me if I sent in a bushing, they could definitely make it in polyurethane.

However…

…the mold would cost over $1,000 to make and he estimated the bushing to cost no less than $10 per unit. The price per unit isn't bad. OE replacement is $18 I think.

I'm sure they would be able to make the $1,000 back over a short period of time.

He also mentioned that they have an in-house machinist that can make the metal sleeve inside the bushing also.

Who's got 1,000 bucks? :)

16. One2

One2 Well-Known Member

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Is there a US distributor? I am hunting cush drives for my RC rims and it seems they are out everywhere. Anyone have a reputable source? Thanks.