1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lawn mowers: Honda vs Toro

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I've been happy with my Cub Cadet, but I only have 1000 sq ft of lawn

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    The marketing manager can say all he wants, but the fact is that I have sold tons of parts with Snapper part numbers for John Deere branded snow throwers and mowers. The two photos above are just a couple that I found with a quick Google image search. I have even had a Snapper SP series walk behind mower deck that came through our warehouse that was painted green.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You could have called bullshit at Marketing Manager. The only guy more likely to lie through his teeth than the Sales Numpty.

Focker likes this.
  4. backcountryme

I get amazed at how many guys in the JD shops (including owners and service managers) who don't realize that Deere uses 3rd party companies to build some of their machines.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

I thought you said mowers. In any event you can talk all the bs you want. The reality is Snapper has never made anything for John Deere, including snow blowers. I've been to the manufacturing plant and have seen first hand with my own eyes them being built. Think what you want.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

You have no idea what you are talking about. I've grown up in a John Deere dealership and worked for the company. Think what you want to. I've lived John Deere and I can tell you first hand you are mistaken. But what do I know. This is the WERA BBS where every jack off with no direct experience is an expert. LOL.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

How so, what are your direct experiences other then being a jag off.

8. Venom51

Practical experience. I have yet to meet either that wouldn't lie through their fucking teeth. I routinely stop 2 of them from doing it and doing harm to the company for which I work.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Have you worked for John Deere. Have you worked in a John Deere dealership. Have you met the John Deere marketing manager. You are so full of shit how would you even know the difference let alone having any direct first hand experience with this subject matter. Nice troll job Kenny, you sucked me in.

10. Venom51

What does that have to do with shit? Peoples personalities lead them to certain types of work. My past experience has taught me that if a marketing professional or a sales professional tells you good morning the best option is to look out a window and verify that the sun is indeed up.

By the way you should know I am married to a marketing professional. Let's just say I have caught her lying more than once. The first one went something like "that's just the right size."

bleacht likes this.
  11. backcountryme

So I guess you don't see the photos? You don't see that those are the same units, just painted different colors? And yeah, I am in the business. Have been for 10 years. I call on Deere dealers all over Alberta and have seen first hand the Snapper made walk behind mowers and snow throwers. I have worked on them both. Changed drive systems on them both. Su, unless Deere has completely copied Snapper (right down to the model number sticker and the fact that it said made by Briggs and Stratton) I would say that it was made by Snapper. But what do I know, I have only sold them, serviced them, and done technical support on them for 10 years.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

You can talk about it all you want. You can make all the snide comments all you want. What it means in this specific case is that you have no direct experience with Deere or what they manufacture, but yet you find a need to comment on it like you have first hand experience which you don't. The fact is John Deere has always manufactured their own mowers, I can't help the fact that you seamingly can't grasp this concept. Again nice troll job. I feel sorry for your wife.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Snapper has never made any mower for John Deere I have seen them being manufactured first hand, have you? As far as Briggs is concerned Deere uses ten times more K-series engines for their mowers, which is manufacured by Kawasaki. Briggs is a low price point engine that Deere uses on their big box store models made available at Lowes and Home Depot.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  14. Venom51

I'll just leave this here. It wasn't very hard to find.

15. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

But Kenny, you don't work in the factory so you wouldn't know. Jeez, you'd think you fucked G97's mom and not called him out on trusting the marketing guy.

16. backcountryme

I can see you are obviously not in the OPE industry. Briggs power products division owns Snapper, Simplicity, Ferris, Murry and a few other brands. My paycheck depends on me knowing this equipment. I am the guy that the dealerships call when they can't figure out how to fix this equipment. Take a look at this:
    Exhibit A:
    https://groundscare.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/57012/0/filename/995+-+1028E+Parts+Catalog.pdf
    This is the parts manual for a John Deere Dual Stage Snowthrower Model 1028E. Please not that starting on page 4 the footer reads "© Copyright by Briggs & Stratton Corporation, Milwaukee, WI, USA. All rights reserved". Also, all the part number in this manual are Snapper part numbers.

Exhibit B:
    Page 4 and 5 of this manual (Snapper Manual for Model L1528E) Part reference number 0050 (Handle, Lower). You will notice that the part number is 1737759A
    http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/lgiswLU.-FzXFix2.pdf
    Page 14 and 15 of this manual (John Deere 1028E) Part Reference number 050 (Handle, Lower). You will notice that this part number is 1737759AYP.

Interesting how the unit model numbers are so similar (John Deere 1028E vs. Snapper L1528E) and the part numbers are the same except for the YP (Paint code by the way).

So yeah, sorry but you are wrong on this one. Snapper did in fact make push mowers and snowthrowers for John Deere for several years. Again, it is my business to know about these things.

17. backcountryme

Oh, BTW I am also the Kohler rep and service support tech for Western Canada.

18. retro53

retro53 Active Member

Jeds Equipment in Bowness about 5-6 years ago. Nice old-time shop with good prices, owners that fix what they sell and....a yard full of projects!

19. backcountryme

I know the owner Eddy VERY well. Actually just talked to him today. Interesting fella that is for sure.

20. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Thanks again for the help guys. I'm most likely going to pick up a Honda on my way home today. I appreciate all the feedback. Have a good weekend everyone.