1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lawn mowers: Honda vs Toro

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I got a nice ish one, 54" deck and I've beat the hell out of it :D

2. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I was attempting to make a funny about nabbing one of those velcro cord wranglers used for electronics from my previous employer.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

the Honda 217 doesn't really leave any of that

i didn't want to deal with a battery for the mower, but the EGO 56v blower is excellent. just the 2.5 battery doesn't last longer than 10-12 minutes, so I had to get another one.

4. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

I bought the EGO. Was looking for a new quieter mower. Works awesome. Cuts. Thick grass, has a battery big enough to do my yard twice, weighs a lot less and no gas.
    Only complaint is that it doesn’t suck up the little oak leaves and mulch them like my gas did.
    One con vs a lot of pros. I’m happy.

5. sharkattack

I mulch the sides and front lawn. I bag the back because even with the superior mulching of the Honda, the dogs still find a way to track grass clippings into the house for a few days after I've mowed. It's not a huge deal to bag it with the Honda. I also use the Versa Mow, which lets me go from 100% mulch to 100% bag with several increments in between. Most mowers only give you the option of either full bag or full mulch.

6. sharkattack

I've yet to be more impressed with a mower's mulching performance than I am with my HRX217.

BigBird likes this.
  7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:clap:

8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Awesome, last winter we got my father the snow blower and he was happy with it, and i think he just ordered the mower, good to see that a few of you like it.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

do any of you wear ear plugs that have the Honda 217?

10. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

My wife wants to replace my 16 year old Murray (briggs engine). I noticed all the new mowers at the BOX stores or lawn equipment seem to all be sealed engines.
    The advertisement of NO OIL CHANGES seems to worry me. Besides the commercial lines are there anymore good residential mowers that allow you to change the oil? Half of them have plastic for the Carb cases now too. Besides our being just old and not having a bag it fires right up and cuts good. The wheels have seen better days though.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Honda needs oil, so not sure. But if it works, I would keep the old mower. Not something that needs to be fancy. But if you need fancy, get the Honda 217...Amazing machine as it makes quick work out of the grass.

12. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

AT Lowes and HD I was looking under all the mowers for the drain bolt. None of them had any. They would take oil, you just couldn't drain it. I'm not sure the model number but I think one of the Honda's had a drain bolt but I wasn't positive.

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Honda drain plugs are on the side of the motor so you have to tilt the mower to drain

wrx_02 and BigBird like this.