1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keto Diet

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Nov 1, 2017.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He has a certain subtleness about him doesn’t he?

Gorilla George and Sabre699 like this.
  2. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

Curry is the food of the Gods you uneducated garden trowel!

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

o_O
    -Liver isn't the tastiest thing ever (unless its property made into a good pate) so I'll give you that one, but believe it or not, liver is possible THE most nutrient dense food you can eat. Its full of vitamins and minerals, it gets shuttled all these things because of the job it has to do. In ancient times liver was reserved for the warriors of the tribe or the high ranking peeps in the society
    -What's wrong with curry, if you eat it in VERY excessive amount your BO may be rank, but as far as a flavorful dish its quite good I think
    -Fish?! that's kind of a very broad generalization no? Are you talking about a 99 cent can of discount no-name brand tuna fish from Walmart or freshly caught sushi grade Ahi tuna here? If you have an Omakase at Nobu and tell me the dishes that come out are the nastiest things ever then I'll know your pallet has not evolved beyond Wendy's lol :D
    -Lamb....clearly you've never had properly made lamb. I did a class with the executive chef of Guy Savoy in Las Vegas one time and the main course we did was a rack of lamb and it was KILLER!

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 4.06.19 PM.png

Phl218 likes this.
  4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Dude, you’re wasting your time. Velveeta is his favorite cheese.

Phl218 and shakazulu12 like this.
  5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup:

6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I think the FDA actually came down on them and said they can't advertise it as cheese anymore since it isn't.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Skipped to the end, as a yacht chef I have had do deal with every diet, and allergy under the sun that only seems to effect wealthy white people. Bless their hearts! Eat lees calories than you burn, work out, a little exercise, and eat what you want. If you burn it you won't get fat, if you eat lots of shit and sit on your ass, you will gain weight. It's not rocket surgery!

gixxerboy55 and DucatiBomber like this.
  8. :crackup:

9. I do my best. :D

10. I can’t handle it. I can’t even handle the smell of it.

The chefs at work are from Europe and they make a lot of curry shit. Just the smell of it makes it so I can’t eat the other food.

11. It doesn’t matter what else you put on the plate with liver, nothing can mask it. It is like curry, I can’t handle the smell, much less the taste.

I’ve accidentally ate curry a few times and it took all my willpower to not spit it out at the table. It is so nasty.

I don’t like fish of any kind. Doesn’t matter what kind or where from or how it is cooked, I hate fish.

Every now and then I can stomach fried shrimp, as long as I smother it in ketchup.

Lamb, hell no. It might have the grossest taste of any of it.

I also don’t like pork with the exception of bacon. I don’t like duck either. The only meat I eat is steaks, hamburgers, or chicken strips.

12. Captain Morgan

I've been in India/Nepal over a month . I feel like a vegan pain in the ass because I have to make a search just for one meal that doesn't have curry powder. I want meat, have not had beef or pork in over a month. Even the chips have curry powder. Everything has curry powder!!!!

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

The “Keto is the only way” folks just know what works for them. It’s a weird diet. The things you are allowed vs what you aren’t feels bass ackward but I’ll be damned if it doesn’t work. You eventually normalize and stop having sugar spiked mood swings and your overall appetite decreases.

I had a friend describe it as ‘tricking your pancreas” as you switch your body over to running off fat. My wife and I started in late July and I’m down 30lbs+. We’ve been doing ‘lazy keto’ where you mainly avoid sugar like the plague but don’t really track intake. We both intermittently fast and I swear by hour 8 I can feel my body burning off it’s excess. I fit into clothes again that I really liked including moto gear I stubbornly was not planning to rebuy a size up. We each do one cheat day a month where, unlike her, I don’t reach for sweets, what I often miss the most is a damned sandwich.

Also, whomever in this thread referred to bulletproof coffee as just caffeinated butter was dead on. It works great to adapt your body in the beginning, but I’ve switched to heavy whipping cream in my coffee at this point.

15. Captain Morgan

In Mumbai, now might check out bollywood, but sure enough had curry something for dinner, shooting for the stars, one day I won't eat something with curry, a boy can only dream

16. BC

BC Well-Known Member

You haven't lived until you've had a Curry McFlurry at the Mickey D's in Dubai.

17. Captain Morgan

I was in varanasi India a couple of days ago, saw a dominos pizza, my first chance at western food in a month, with out thinking ordered the Indian version of a meat lovers. Got back to the hotel. Fucking tandoori curry chicken on top. I even could not manage a dominos pizza order in India with out curry on it!!!!!

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Are you sure you’re not a four year old kid?

badmoon692008 and Banditracer like this.
  19. Captain Morgan

Funny thing is I love curry, I ate every version for the first 2 weeks here. To really understand Indian cooking. It's really difficult to find something without curry spice now that I'm over it. I ordered spagetti Bolognaise the other day, curry powder, a vege burger (no meat) curry powder, most of the chips/ nuts you buy here curry powder, even if I could possibly find a Mcdonalds, no beef and I'm sure their vege patties have curry powder

20. Give me more credit than that.

I can usually pass for 12. :D

Sabre699 likes this.