1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keto Diet

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Nov 1, 2017.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah, I appriciate the advice but I've done that as well. It gets to be the same old after eating hamburger patties for days on end.

I think I'm gonna have to bring some stuff out with me, that's the only way Im gonna get any variety.

2. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

You know....You can eat vegetables...
    I can see a truck driver on the road gnawing on a stalk of broccoli because he hasn't filled up enough bottles with pee to merit stopping at the grocery store for pre-cooked chicken breast.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yup. Broccoli, cauliflower, celery, kale, cabbage, all good things to add some variety.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Shake Shack has a lettuce wrap instead of bun option

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He's on over-the-road truck driver. You can't park an 18-wheeler in a shake shack parking lot. He's going to be limited to stuff immediately accessible from the interstate - standard fast food and truck stops mainly.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

well that advice was for anyone seeking Keto friendly meals #justsayin and didn't realize that Shake Shack received all their deliveries in small box trucks.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Smartass.

I think it's more a matter of what's convenient from both a time and company procedure standpoint. You just don't see a lot of 18-wheelers cruising through the city streets looking for a nice place to eat :D Time is money for those guys.

And they probably do drive a smaller truck for those deliveries.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    418 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The old thing about how lots of trucks out front means great food at a restaurant is and always has been bullshit - all it means is they have truck parking :D

While the jerky and diet sody pops thing is easy to grab at a truck stop I know the J's and Pilots have other options like salads and such. Even fried chicken works just strip the skin.

9. 418

418 Expert #59

Exactly. People don't realize all trucks aren't the same size, they just see a truck.

Also a lot of the food deliveries happen at night, when the store is closed and there's plenty of space to maneuver the truck around.

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Alot of beef jerky has alot of sugars added for the flavouring,so you gotta watch that too if you are seeking low carb or keto. I dont eat that stuff normally,but what kind have you found thats good yet doesnt use alot of sugars for flavour?

BigBird likes this.
  11. 418

418 Expert #59

I look strictly at carbs. If I look at sugars too I'm not going to be able to eat jack shit.

12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Thats the issue with beef jerky........the carbs are all from the sugar in it normally.

418 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

HUGE difference in a local truck with one axle and just the cab.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That doesn't make sense. You usually have two carb counts - total and net. Total is all the carbs in the food, which are generally fiber, sugar, and sugar alcohol. Net is total carbs minus fiber and sugar alcohols, which don't usually affect blood sugar levels since they're not absorbed by the body.

You DO NOT want sugar.

BigBird likes this.
  15. 418

418 Expert #59

What I mean is all I look at on the nutrition labels is the total carbs. I don't look at sugar at all. I assume the stuff that's low in carbs is going to be low in sugar.

Ive tried to keep under 20 grams total of carbs per day. I do you subtract dietary fiber from total carbs as well.

BigBird and ryoung57 like this.
  16. Sugars are carbs.

17. No, you don’t want sugar.

I want all the sugar in the world. :D

DucatiBomber likes this.
  18. CausticYarn

I use total carbs too.
    I try to get my sugars from whole foods though, and not added.

As I pound this big ass monster zero at my desk...

19. :eek:

It is amazing what just removing a few letters can do. :D

Phl218, renegade17 and badmoon692008 like this.
  20. CausticYarn

I am a liberated woman.

rocalotopus and Gorilla George like this.