1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keto Diet

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Nov 1, 2017.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

MEAT! /thread..........:D

Steeltoe and Gorilla George like this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Agreed, even just to know where its coming from. To hopefully know that the soil its growing in isn't contaminated with some nasty shit that eventually finds its way through the plants/veggies into your body. A lot of the vegetables sold in grocery stores are imported from overseas and God only know what kind of farmland they are grown on and the crap the ground has been contaminated with. Its a real f'ing bummer.

The other day I was dismayed to read about how most of the "healthy" and even "organic" plant based protein powders on the market from brands like Orgain, Vega and Garden of Life all have higher levels of contaminants than your typical run of the mill whey protein powders simply due to the nature of how plants absorb the shit from the ground they are grown in.

3. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

You are beautiful inside and out. And no I’m not hitting on her either

BigBird, panthercity and britx303 like this.
  4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

BigBird and badmoon692008 like this.
  6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:oops:

7. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Update on the Keto Cheesecake recipe. Wife just made me another one and only added 1 cup of Erythritol, it was much better in my opinion. I couldn't taste the sweetener, unlike last time.

So, I recommend only a cup vs what the recipe calls for (1.25 cup)

BigBird likes this.
  8. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

Wife wanted to try Keto so I decided to jump onboard. We tried once before but failed quickly due to not properly planning. I don't intend to keep it as a lifestyle or even more than maybe 6 months at max. More than likely 2-3 months and am counting g calories while I'm doing it. Used a calculator determine a caloric intake goal as well as goals for carb, protein, and fat intake a day. So far things are going better this time and I do hope to continue for 1-2 months at least. Trying to work in exercise too to help. We'll see.

j cal likes this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I read an interesting post today on a Keto group about doing it to mirror paleo era food availability. Basically Keto in the winter, paleo (more carbs) in the summer when fruits and vegetables are readily available.

I have no idea if there’s any merit to it (probably not) but it’s a novel idea.

ruckusracing likes this.
  10. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

11. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I got on the "Keto" bandwagon. Well sorta. I'm not following a strict plan or measuring my caloric intake. I basically stopped eating carbs. My breakfast consists of 3 scrambled eggs, cheese, some sort of protein, whether bacon, Turkey slices etc, yogurt and cheese.

This will carry me much longer into the day. Lunch consists of more cheese and yogurt. Dinner is a mixed green salad with walnuts, onion, dried raisins, blue cheese and blue cheese dressing.

Zero exercise. I've lost 20lbs in 5 weeks.

The best part is I used to ride the insulin/sugar train. My blood sugar would drop so much I would know what 2+2 was. I would hit the 4pm wall at 200mph. Ever since I cut carbs out I'm much more level, I have energy, I can last longer between meals and my meals can be smaller. For instance I had a double cheeseburger no bun at noon and nothing else until I snacked at 8pm on some nuts, dried fruit mix.

It's not that bad really. When I feel like it I'll reward myself with a steak.

I'm planning on losing a bit more weight and then adding an exercise regiment.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I really want to do it again but keep ordering pizza delivery

bacolmm and renegade17 like this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well, if you only do that once in awhile, you will still lose weight. I still sorta do the Keto/adkins diet. But I eat the carbs I want at times. Like when eating Mexican food, I like crispy taco's and chips so I eat them. Same with thin crust pizza sometimes. But when I eat burgers, it is almost always without a bun, because those carbs don't seem worth it to me.

I also eat El Pollo Loco quite a bit for lunch. They have a $5 Caesar salad combo bowl that I always order without the rice or tortillas and just add more lettuce, since the rice and tortillas doesn't make it taste any better to me.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do cut out a lot of carbs from what I could eat but not enough to actually drop any weight. Need to do it again tho. It's time.

15. 418

418 Expert #59

I've gotten to the point where I hit a wall with my weight. The other thing is I'm sick of eating the same shit over and over again. On the road I can't live on diet drinks, beef jerky, boiled eggs and pork rinds. I think if I was at home and able to cook it would be a lot easier.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Define “on the road”. Are you a truck driver or something?

17. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah, that'd be me.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That makes it harder. I’ve had good luck dehydrating zucchini for chips, substituting parm crisps for crackers, and eating raw macadamia nuts.

BigBird and 418 like this.
  19. rowe748

rowe748 Well-Known Member

Not sure if you’ve tried it, but McDonald’s and Wendy’s will sell you just the meat patties (and cheese if you want it). The 1/4 lb beef patties at McDonald’s are surprisingly good. This is my go to meal if I’m on the road etc.

20. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Carls Jr. as well. Most of the burger joints have keto options now it seems like.