1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keto Diet

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah but no one who chooses to powerlift can be considered clear thinking :Poke:

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

TRUE!! And then go into motorcycle roadracing as a retirement sport!!:crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Exactly!!!

5. I am not sure if that is an insult or not. For some reason I feel like I should argue with at least some of that shit, but I can't. :crackup:

Lawn Dart likes this.
  6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Not an insult. It’s the same thing we were discussing several pages back.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Gotta say the difference between Keto and most other diets is that it's pretty sustainable without feeling like you're starving yourself. And, that to me is the main difference. No exercise, just pure diet based and I'm down 16 pounds.. Finally hit my 149 [emoji3]

I've also started to eat chicken after about 15 years. For my first chicken meal was July 4, where on my request my Dad made his awesome BBQ chicken for me. It was like riding a bike, felt like no time had passed from my last bite. I also wanted it to be my Dad too because it'll be something that will stand out as a memory.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

No chicken? This some sort of bird love or what?

BigBird likes this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Were you vegan or something, or was this some sort of anti-canabilsm pact?

BigBird likes this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Chino52405 and pscook like this.
  12. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

13. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

And yet in the past few years. Quite a few NBA players, including LeBron James have gone Keto, vegan, or Paleo to keep weight off. Some just do it during off season, others do it all season.

What does it all mean? Fuck if I know. Eat whatever makes you look good nekkid.

BigBird likes this.
  14. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Eating right just makes you look good with your clothes on. You need to move your ass to look good nekkid ;)

BigBird, Gorilla George and Tiller15 like this.
  15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I won't dispute that at all. If you need explosive performance adding some pre-workout/event carbs is fine. You'll just burn them off right away. I usually eat a small bowl of rice before my Sunday morning deadlift workout.

The thing is, most people don't need that boost on a regular basis. Think of carbs like MR12. You probably don't put it in your bike for a trackday, and your sure as hell don't use it in your minivan.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  16. I do.

Carbs and the MR12.

pscook likes this.
  17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You put MR12 in your protein shake don't you:Poke:

18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

No way.

That's what Livengood is for....

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Shit son, I Keto and sit on my ass all day. I could be a brick shithouse if I did something.

Dern said my paddle board came today though. So maybe sooner than later :D

(Yes yes, self serving, but damn I look good for being old and squeezing out two pups).

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Spankbank alert!