1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kapernick and Nike Deal......

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ClemsonsR6, Sep 4, 2018.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Jim Harbaugh's coaching and offense worked for his skillset. SF and Harbaugh have a falling out and Michigan calls...so Harbs takes his dream job.
    CK's mojo is gone. The new coach wasn't a great selection, and the team's been in limbo since. This year may be different with Jimmy G behind center.

I feel like his sudden case of "Social Consciousness" was a move to remain relevant. And he's succeeded because he's still a topic of conversation. Like OJ, he's embraced his African Americanness all of a sudden when it's convenient.

I mean from this:

[​IMG]

to this:

[​IMG]

And I think we're seeing the "Payoff" now with the fact that Nike's had him on the pay roll the whole time. So he's been profiting while he claims to be suffering for justice.

True Martyrs don't get rich from other people's pain.

This guy's trying to put himself up there with MLK, Malcolm X, and Nelson Mandela...he's not qualified to be their men's room attendant.

Now at least he's revealed his agenda...Profit from Other's Pain. I wish Jackson and Sharpton would come forward and finally admit it, too.

Fencer and R Acree like this.
  2. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Pics or ........you know, didn't happen?

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Good thing. That Velcro is a bitch to extinguish!

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Horseshit. Only thing you could dunk is your face in an apple bobbing bucket. . . and you'd come up with a mouth full of dick.

shakazulu12 likes this.
  5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I wonder how Nike feels about the $3.75 billion hit it took yesterday?

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They don't give a shit. That's a nonsensical on paper hit. They care about the (spun to make them look good) + $43M in social media publicity they got.

I think New Balance is the happy one. They got the media buzz since they seem to be the anti-nike. :D

Remember, they don't care about you, me or most of the rest of the anti-nike dopes, you're no longer their target market. They want the millennial, the SJMs and the people who care about the twitters, the instagrams and all those people.

7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Saw this on Twitter and it made me laugh more than it should have.......

"Ya'll gonna boycott Nike over a black man kneeling but won't boycott the Catholic church over fuckin' your kids?"

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Remember Tebo? He brought a team to the playoffs then was canned. And no one picked him up. The only thing Kapperdick is a victim of is his ego.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Sharkattack: I like Adidas myself. That's what I have in my closet. How about you, Jimmie? You an Adidas man?

Jimmie: Adidas is nice.

Rebel635 likes this.
  10. sheepofblue

Oh and for those focusing on ability that is NOT what football is about. It is a business of entertaining people. Sure winning helps but if you think it is the only way to profit just look to the Lions. Kapperdick has great potential to alienate your audience which is bad business. Nothing to do with the effect he has on your talent pool.

11. sheepofblue

Ain't got any kids. Now if they start molesting the Shelties it is war!

12. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I didn't read all this thread, but a couple things I read,and some points that I think are forgotten. He opt out of his final year of his contract, that was his choice. He also turned down a 7 mill offer from Denver , also his choice. He sacrificed NOTHING. Nike had been paying him the whole time. Had nike or anybody else been not been paying him, he would be on a team right now. But he was getting his money and didn't have to play football. So, now hes suing for the choices he made? Give me a break!

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, we finally found out over the past couple of years what talent doesn't trump. There had to be a line somewhere. Apparently, it's the national anthem.
    G 97, Auminer. Technically, they haven't said "no-talent hack," but that's pretty much what they are saying.
    Nike didn't take a hit. The stock went down. That happens pretty often. Nobody is getting laid off at the end of the week. Sales figures are what counts. We won't know for months.
    Tebow actually supports my case. Nobody believed he could play in the NFL but he was a marketing dream, so he got several chances. The difference is that he was kneeling in the end zone, talking to Jesus.

14. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Not really. Buy Frosted Flakes, Exxon fuel, or the Rocky IV soundtrack...all tiger related.

Or just get a Tiger, they a just bigger kittens :D

15. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Fletch wore it better for the Lakers!!:D

Fencer and sharkattack like this.
  16. ton

ton Arf!

in the context of a 30% ytd increase (and ~100% in the last 5 years), i don't think they're going to worry about a 2.7% drop on a day they knew was going to be controversial. this was absolutely calculated. it'll take several months to tell whether they hit their target.

418 likes this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Nope. I wouldn't say" no talent hack" either.

Just not "top 32 in the world talent".

Top tree-fiddy is pretty good though.

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Besides, being a cheerleader in the Victimhood Olympics pays just as well if not better, and is a helluva lot easier on the body.

19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Some of your news and social feeds may be full of white guys burning shoes they already paid for...mine is full of people laughing at the 3% and saying "don't worry Nike, we got you". I predict their sales are up once the numbers are in. Kaepernick was a calculated move from a company that is so established into everyday life that they can't "wow" the public any more and I'm going to bet that Nike did their calculus on that risk. This wasn't a finger in the wind type of move.

Personally, my only beef with the entire thing is the choice of words for the campaign. The agency (W+K?) and people who approved that portion of this idea are stupid and lazy."Sacrificing everything" in this context is laughable, hyperbolic and disrespectful considering the reality (not symbolism of flags) around both sides (regardless of how you feel about either side). One side wants to call extra attention to dead black people and the other side, dead soldiers. Same impact could have been had with different word choice.

stk0308, Bruce, 418 and 2 others like this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't give a shit about Kaepernick getting paid by them although I truly don't get why they'd bother. I do give a shit about not being able to order Shox through the website. The AirMax stuff just isn't as comfortable at the track all day. Really not liking the whole bootie kind of setup they are using either which is what the new Shox Gravity has. Not cool Nike, not cool :mad: