1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kapernick and Nike Deal......

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ClemsonsR6, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Britt, he was on his way out of SF and then, the kneeling shit and no whammies no whammies no whammies, big bucks!

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And I'm saying it's possible that there is no amount of talent that would make the teams willing to put up with the backlash, regardless of the dollars. We don't have a way to know that for sure. All we know is who else have jobs in the NFL, and how good they are.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I can dunk in Reeboks. And I'm 55, and not even 6'.

Just sayin.

K51000 likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

8' goal?

5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Quiet go away.

6. helitech

helitech Well-Known Member

I’d say he’s a successful starter. He’s got more more Super Bowl appearances than half of the starters currently playing. Some will say Alex smith played half of that season, fine. His first full season as a starter he got the team to the NFC championship game. I do agree with you though, he should definitely have a job and a spot on a roster somewhere in the league.

To everyone else playing one side of the politics or the other. You don’t like it-don’t buy Nike, burn your nike gear, post in on social media, whatever you’d like. But here are some names that Kaepernick would run circles around who currently have roster spots:
    Chad Henne
    Kevin Hogan
    Colt McCoy
    Ryan Tannehill (starter)
    Brock Osweiler
    Matt Barkley
    Jeff Driskel
    EJ Manuel

Need I say more?

That’s just a portion of terrible options (when compared to Kaepernick).

I’m more surprised that no one is as “outraged” about the team owners who have openly said they’ll pay the fines if any of their players decide to kneel in protest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carboncanyon likes this.
  7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Sadly he decided to become a SJW instead of being an NFL QB.

ToofPic likes this.
  8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Vehemently disagree. Talent trumps all in the NFL. Vick is probably the best argument in my favor. Winning cures everything in the NFL.

Pixelator likes this.
  9. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Why did I just read that in the voice of Mr. Creosote? :crackup:

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

nah fuck off, I'm full. :D

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not going to argue the relative strengths of one QB over another because I don't know any of those on your list, but good in one offensive scheme is not an automatic with a team running a different offense. Bottom line, he had chances, turned down offers and is currently not an NFL QB, so he doesn't provide yhe package an owner wants.

12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

And what baggage do they not bring? How much $$ are they commanding? Is he a better player than those guys? Probably. Is he THAT much better that he’s worth that much more $$ AND pissing off half your fan base? Obviously not. I don’t see anyone saying he’s a no-talent hack. He just doesn’t have enough talent to overcome the backlash.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm not burning my Nikes.

15. roxychic46

roxychic46 Well-Known Member

His last year of playing he was awful. After Harbaugh left he went to shit. Same thing happened to RG3....NFL defenses will get past the gimmick and figure how to play you. People forget he turned down offers from the Niners and the Ravens. No team in their right minds would have him on the rosters...he'd cause so much media bullshit for that team to deal with.

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

If he could win, he would have a roster spot. It's that simple. Rapists, murderers, wife beaters, animal abusers... As long as you can play your own position better than any other person, all is forgiven in the NFL. Baggage be damned. There are billions on the line.

Winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Smart, really. I gotta wonder now if the guy really means the shit he supposedly represents. He's getting PAID to be a victimhood rally point. No Vince Wilfork chasing you to crush your ribcage. Just play the race card that you pulled from the bottom of the deck and collect your check.

18. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Any Nike gear I have predates Kraperdunk’s BS or Nike’s latest bowel movement. So, I’ll keep it...it will all wind up as shop rags eventually.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Imagine when the Nike haters find out Nike makes clothes for the military too. Still evil? More evil? Not evil? Push the red button!

SuddenBraking likes this.
  20. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

We ain’t talking about dunking your donuts in your morning coffee while wearing your Reebok’s. The end. Kiss it. :Poke:

badmoon692008 and Metalhead like this.