1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kapernick and Nike Deal......

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ClemsonsR6, Sep 4, 2018.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And that's based on what reasoning? Who has dealt with this level of controversy and kept his job in the NFL because they were so good?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Roethlisberger, Vick and Peyton Mannig, and those are just QBs.

stk0308, Robby-Bobby and gixxerreese like this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Vick. Lewis. I think you might be overplaying the kneeling controversy. He isn’t the only player kneeling. I think the larger controversy is his attitude and how it effects the locker room not his public display of posturing. Lots of players have done things far worse and still have found a place on a team,
    So CK is the only player in NFL history who is not measured by his talent level.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not even close. Their presence was never a threat to league revenue. A lot of people were yelling, but they kept going to the games. They kept watching on TV. Papa John didn't pull his sponsorship.
    He is the face of the movement. He's pretty much the lightning rod in this whole thing. The teams can't afford to sideline all the players who had been kneeling. So they focus on the guy started it.

5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

He was almost a Raven. His girlfriend fucked that up.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...sign-colin-kaepernick-girlfriend-racist-tweet

He would have been better than Flacco as a starter.

Now LaMar Jackson is the heir apparent and RG3 is getting a much deserved career revival in Baltimore. I met both after training camp practice in August. Usually players head to the kids area as soon as practice is over. But Matt Judon, Jackson and Griffin came over to where we were standing and posed for selfies signed autographs and talked with people waiting for their kids on the opposite sides. Very cool of them to take the time. I’m happy the Ravens didn’t release RG3.

gixxerreese likes this.
  6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Look, this is 'Merican football, not that dumb ass yourapeein footsie stuff. Frenchies don't know 'bout 'Merican football 'cause you don't speak 'Merican. :D

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Who has the best ballet slippers?

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You're high as fuck if you think Vick wasn't more controversial than Kappernick.

You can kneel for the anthem, you can rape wimminz, and you can beat wimminz... but you CAN'T hurt a dog.

That shit ain't cool.

stk0308 likes this.
  9. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

He would have been perfect for the Ravens. The traditions of Ray Lewis, Ray Rice, and Jamal Lewis will carry on.

stk0308 likes this.
  10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I need extra wide shoes so New Balance is one of the best fits. Also you might try Sketchers as some come in widths and the foam insert is fairly decent. They are also less $$ than New Balance

G 97 likes this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

12. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Even Al Bundy scored more TD's in one game than that asshat. :D And we shouldn't be insulting Al Bundy by associating that scumbag with him.:D

13. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I don't particularly care either way on this one. Just curious how many people have actually seen the commercial? I just watched it. From the news, I expected it to be an homage to CK. If his face didn't pop up for a few seconds, I wouldn't have even realized he was narrating it. It was mostly about other athletes.

14. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

base my politic opinions on a shoe company? No. My view is the same there as it always has been; they are ALL self righteous, lying cum guzzling cock sockets who are only there to pad their pockets and abuse the system only for the greater good of themselves regardless of anyone elses opinion for along as they can.

Do I want to buy apparel that supports my school based off the scumbags they hire to represent them in an a Extremely Poor Worded woe is me multimillionaire ad? No and will I let that sway my decision when Im in the store looking for a new shirt, hat, shoes, etc? Yep. Am I dumb enough to go burn my hard earned money to protest it? Nope. Just won't support them in the future. Simple as that.

What will suck, as I eluded to earlier, if I am buying a new shirt to support my alma mater, I will likely want to buy one of the newest designs that is designed a d label by Nike as they are the apparel company at Clemson but will ultimately choose not to because it is Nike gear.

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Well, that would simply ruin the narrative.

That would be such a shame, what are we to do with all our inflated indignation?!!

:D

16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Remind me of the White House's involvement in Vick's controversy again. I'm drawing a blank. Probably from being high as fuck. How many NFL sponsors left at the time? Can't remember that either.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm not getting the Vick - Kapernick comparison. One was a criminal off the field and I don't recall him calling to be a spokesman for PETA, the other pushed the limits of the conduct rules on the field.

sheepofblue likes this.
  19. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Whatever your opinion, this is a genius move for Nike. Everyone is talking about them. There's no such thing as bad publicity??

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Cosby might disagree.