1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kapernick and Nike Deal......

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ClemsonsR6, Sep 4, 2018.

1. ton

ton Arf!

so, your politics are (at least partly) influenced by which multinational corporate entity supports (in exchange for marketing/advertising) the university you paid to educate you?

2. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

That's simply not true. You really think he wasn't a top 100 qb in the NFL? Whether he would be successful as a starter was questionable, but he would have been a very capable back up at the least.

carboncanyon likes this.
  3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I think the hardest part of a collusion case is that I personally do think a few owners would say fuck it and grab him if he was worth the baggage he brought. Now, as for what is considered "baggage" in an NFL player...that could use a whole lot of rethinking considering guys like Ray Lewis.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

When Nike owns Larry Mahan or Justin or even DanPost...I may care.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, but if you don't burn your own shoes to post the video on the Internet, how are people going to know about your outraged patriotism? What would be accomplished by tossing them to the first homeless person using and going on about your day? How would Nike know that you are punishing them?

You new here? Principles are fluid and dynamic.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The homeless person would be triggered. First at being assaulted by a pair of shoes, and then by the implication that you assume they support Kappy.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I ain't boycotting shit. I also ain't going out of my way to buy any of their shit either.

I'm tired of people telling me who I have to boycott and who I have to support. Fuck off.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

You can debate it if you want but the reality is pretty self evident. If he had enough talent he would be on a roster somewhere.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

I wish you would stop filling up my Facebook feed with this. LOL.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

:D

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Unless teams don't want to touch him for reasons other than his play.
    Have you seen some of the quarterbacks on the rosters out there? Not only second and third-string guys, but even the bottom third of starting QB's. They don't help your case that he's not good enough.
    Serious question: do you watch pro football? A lot of guys who brag about not wasting one minute of their time watching the NFL seem to be experts on his level of play. I hope you're not one of them.

R1Racer99 and helitech like this.
  12. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

This makes me wonder if it's just a fabricated publicity stunt to mess with the stock market and give the media something to feed off of. Who gives a flying fuck

13. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I think you're right on point, but there is also the matter of desired compensation, agents, egos, etc. Not every former starter does a bid as a backup much less on the practice squad. Which is also another issue he may have in his case is whether or not his history of conversations/negotiations show if he wanted "a" job or "the" job.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Papa, he also had a reputation as lazy, not the brightest and he was demanding big $$$.

I wish I could find it but the Broncos offered him something this past off season and his lawyers and agents went insane that the Broncos said anything because it hurts their suit against the NFL. Non disclosures about the meetings and offer and shit.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not saying he is the second coming of Joe Montana. Not even close. But even if he's really dumb and lazy, he was still better than a lot of guys who currently have jobs the last time he played a season. I get you did not want to touch him because he's toxic. But it's laughable to say he can't play in the NFL.

SuddenBraking and helitech like this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

I do watch pro football. Not a lot but at least a couple of games per week depending on the teams playing / game matchups and what else I’m doing that week, it just depends. I don’t think my watching habits will be influenced one way or the other over the entire National Anthem kneeling ordeal.

IIRC a couple of teams were in discussions to sign CK but both parties couldn’t come to a salary agreement. The bottom line is that no teams thought he was good enough, taking into account all factors. Salary amount being one of them.

I’m not the one making the determination if he’s good enough or not - the individual teams are. :Poke:

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

But it’s not happening in a vacuum. It’s the combo. He’s not good enough to draw the $$ he wants given the backlash that the team is going to receive. Therefore, he can’t (isn’t) play(ing) in the NFL.

He had a breakout rookie run before teams got tape on him. Then he struggled. To pay top starter money to a guy that is a pariah and will get you massive fan blowback just isn’t worth it.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well when not one team will or can sign him, he can’t play in the NFL.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Makes more money as a martyr than he could being second or third string in the NFL.

Pixelator likes this.
  20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

He did good...he then started believing all the hype his, skills failed him and sucked ass...then fucked himself with the whole kneeling fiasco...now he has "Managers" who are making him and them a few bucks...he still sux as a QB.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018