1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeez, the Motogp silly season for 2017 has already kicked off.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Mar 5, 2016.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Poncharal seen on TV this morning that he hopes that Espargaro will stay next year even though he has expressed his desire to be on a factory team. Ball is in Pol's court.

2. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

They have an interview with Poncheral for MotoGP subscribers where he said the same thing. I think signing Folger just saved Pol's seat. Herve's team structure of a rookie and a veteran has been working well for him, so I can see Yamaha giving him the go ahead to keep Pol onboard, even though six months ago it seemed like Pol was overstaying his welcome.

3. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

throwdown likes this.
  4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Since he's only ever had one teammate who could beat him (phrasing, nailed it) on a regular basis I would say that is accurate.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Pol is not factory team worthy I'd say, at least not big 3 factory team worthy.

BigBird likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Rumor has it that Iannone is signing up with Suzuki and Dovi to stay in Bologna

Attached Files:

8. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I would be okay with this.

JLo isn't going to want to go from one tension filled garage to another, so I'm sure he's pushing for Dovi. There would be fireworks as soon as AI29 put in a hard pass on Lorenzo (remember Lorenzo's relationship with Sic?), whereas Dovi is significantly calmer and will be a great development rider to aid Lorenzo.

As long as Suzuki maintains their upward momentum, they can have a truly competitive package for 2017. AI29 can be the perfect person to exploit that package and grab some good results.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

10. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

you really buy that? thought Herve got to pick one rider...(folger) Gotta feel like the only way Pol stays is because they don't have a better option (Rins doesn't sign)

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't think he considers Rins to be a possibility. It is well-known that he doesn't want to go to Tech 3. So yes, I really buy that.

12. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

BigBird likes this.
  13. 600 dbl are

He's made many contributions over the years I've been reading that site.

14. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

I had never noticed. Not nearly as shocking as, say JU popping up in the comments on Crash.net, but still pretty cool.

15. 600 dbl are

The nice thing is you can actually engage him in conversation (much like JU here).

16. caferace

caferace No.

Dennis is pretty much a regular guy.

-jim

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Also, Honda & Pedrosa confirmed their mutual contract through 2018.

So, open seats are;
    Factory Suzuki: one seat (Iannone or Zarco or ?)
    Factory Ducati: one seat (which andrea?)

Not sure what other seats are open. Cal's reportedly close with LCR, not sure of terms.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Mav you fkn turncoat! He can carry his filthy stinking Yamaka self right over to that garage now. Get off my bike bish.

pickled egg likes this.
  19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I was amused when David Emmett wrote that Kevin Cameron was the only writer he was still too intimidated to approach.

I can understand it ('ve been faithfully reading Cameron for eons) but it still amused me...

20. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Settle down Jane, you've still got Aleix!