1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeez, the Motogp silly season for 2017 has already kicked off.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

'toe, you'll have Rins, Xarco and Asparagus 1. Shit, you might have the next next next Sheene. Rejoice, Vindaloo was a money suck, you'll get 4 for the price of one.

2. Chip

Chip Registered

I was still hoping for a MM93 (Honda), VR46 (Yamaha), JL99 (Ducati), and DP26 (Suzuki) situation with a proven winner at all four competitive brands, but alas the string pullers at Dorna failed me.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Your Dorna string pulling overlords might still pull something real interesting out.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Jeezus effin krist that sonofabitch is three fourths of the gotdamn budget right there!

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

such as?

6. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Look on the bright side, the team is gonna save a ton of money on victory/podium parties!

Potts N Pans likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

:eek::crackup:

8. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They made the right choice.

crazymofo and SGVRider like this.
  10. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Ianonne would never been the right choice to team with Lorenzo given AI's close relationship with Rossi. It would have only lead to acrimony in the team.

11. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I don't think the issue is the relationship to Rossi, I think the issue would have been Iannone's aggression/attitude.

Dovizioso won't mind playing second fiddle to Lorenzo, and he'll do a damn good job at it. Iannone would never conform to that role; he's too young and hungry. If he really does have an offer on the table from Suzuki, he will be just fine.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's funny, I remember Kevin doing tear downs for the Suzuki Cup finals, nice guy.

13. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I don't think the aggression is an issue as much the lack of thought while riding. Lorenzo, although settled down, has always been an aggressive rider and is typically the most aggressive in the opening laps. Trust would definitely have been an issue with Ianonne.

14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

In all honesty, I think what finally did it for them is his failed banzai pass on his teammate that took both of them out and off the podium. I think that incident really showed that he's still Crazy Joe. With Lorenzo on board they don't need that type of rider.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey, they might be just trying to slot Crazy Joe back in at Pramac, who knows.

16. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

MM93 hasn't signed yet. Maybe he'll go to KTM????? :)

Chip likes this.
  17. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

nah...smith will do fine at setting that bike up........sorry I just made myself laugh

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

cajun636 likes this.
  19. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

And Vinales to yamaha for 2017-2018

cajun636 likes this.
  20. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Just saw that on the MotoGP website!