1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeez, the Motogp silly season for 2017 has already kicked off.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Mar 5, 2016.

1. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

Same here, good for him hope he smokes rossi so we can see him cry again.

crazymofo likes this.
  2. caferace

caferace No.

From Rossi today:

EXCLUSIVE SKY SPORTS HD MOTOGP

( "MUGELLO DAY")

GUIDO MEDA interview VALENTINO ROSSI

Thursday, May 19, 2016

It is said that Rossi this year is stronger than last year Rossi, who in turn was already the Red stronger than ever. So it is?

I do not know if they are the strongest Rossi of my career, but I am very happy to be competitive again this year, because there have been some important changes in regulation and then at my age you always have a little 'fear, year later, of no longer being able to go. I also I had it when I was 20, however, still be there after five races to be twelve points from the top of the table and be one of the three that will play the World, is a great taste.

You have the perception that something has changed over time and to which you have to adapt?

I do not think. Fortunately, even when I was 20-25 years old, I was still afraid to make mistakes or hurt. And so that has remained even now. With more experience you become a bit 'more attentive to detail. It seems to me that we are there as reflections. What I saw when I was young is that from year to year I became stronger and stronger. But now I have to build, we have to work, I have to understand, it is not just a matter of instinct.

You changed your way of driving 5-6 times in your career? You have to do it?

Yes, so much. There is an instinctive part and another that comes with the job, where you have to be smart to understand what needs to change. From two-stroke to four times as much, from Michelin to Bridgestone so, the electronics are more sophisticated, but this year has taken a step back. He has returned to drive more as you drove with the Michelins seven or eight years ago.

It 'a way to also drive a little' more similar to that of 500?

More like 500 to about electronics, so the opening of the gas, the gas control. Electronics have taken a step back, but it really is not that big, but it's much more akin to the first MotoGP of 2005, 2006 and 2007, when we were running with Michelin which remained similar to what they were.

These tires are a variable, a disaster or a physiological way towards a product that will be final and optimal for all?

Michelin will never become like Bridgestone, even in ten years. It is neither better nor worse. She is different. In my opinion, since last year, they made a great step forward, but we must try to have with Michelin tires that you forgive more, because now you have to be very careful, but still the tires are very high performance, however, the difference on the front and one on the rear than the Bridgestone is in the dNA of the tires, as they are built, how they are made, what will remain so. Michelin will continue in his way trying to promote more positive things of Michelin, namely agility and maneuverability that the bike from last year with Bridgestone.

The front of the Yamaha rubber uses a bit 'better than other homes?

I do not know, but our bike is very good for the race pace is very good to use the tires. In recent races it has been better than the others, because in testing, especially I make more effort, but then in the race we can take a step for so many laps and instead the others make more effort.

And the qualification 'much better for you this year?

Yes, it is much improved since I left three times in the first row of five races and I once even made the pole position at Jerez. They are more competitive in qualifying. Unfortunately in Le Mans we made the commissioning errors point since Friday, because we concentrated a lot to have more traction, but then came this different tire that traction had it already, but especially in qualifying we made mistakes and in good lap I made a mistake I in turn 6, where I removed ten meters later and I came along, otherwise I would have from the second to the fifth, it would be much better.

The surge. Not all bikes make it?

The motogp now, if the controls are all attached, are very difficult to wheelie because they are specially made to prevent them pull up, but we have a map that helps a little 'to wheelie.

This map does not did you get to do just for the moments of joy?

Sure, it's a mapping where you may be able to drive up, here.

It 'hard to wheelie the bike?

Absolutely no. If you take away a little 'systems, it is easier to wheelie compared to a booster, because it has 250 horses, is on with a gas hair. You could go soaring up from here in Bologna. It's easy. The bikes, have more power and more are easy to wheelie.

The friction. It 'true that you take away the gears no longer modulate the clutch, was once one of your strengths?

Yes, us from last year we have also seamless braking like Honda, so there is no longer blip, but it is even more climbing fast. And 'even better. No longer use the clutch. It 's like the rally car or the F1 car, even in motogp the clutch is used only for leaving. Then we say that the skill with the clutch no longer good for anything, but is a step forward and 'even more pleasure to drive.

I ask one thing of the bikes that you see on the track. For example, the Ducati, what would you? The power?

The Ducati curve also good, especially in the curves a bit 'wider, but the thing that has more is the engine power, especially at the top.

Suzuki?

The feeling when you follow it to be lightweight, easy to handle and office, such as a bike, but the engine, with Vinales above is not so bad, but what is missing is perhaps a little 'engine.

Honda?

A lot of braking stability and above all, those who are strong, they can slide both into and then to get very strong. Marquez especially Pedrosa makes it a bit 'less, only when it is strong. The manner of driving the Honda is probably that.

If you had to make a gift to your M1 instead? What would you be?

Just a little 'over the top power.

Vinales will be your next teammate.

On one side I am quite concerned because it is another very strong team-mate, 21 years old, is from 1995 and therefore has a huge room for improvement and has already proven to be one of the strong ones. On the other side I'm happy because we are a very strong team. I am older and I have so much experience, he is younger and has to learn, but we are two very strong riders, so Yamaha have done a good job. I regret a little 'for the Suzuki and Brivio, however, because Vinales is a really strong, but for the Yamaha is a very positive thing.

You could have had Perdosa, alternatively? Worst Bega have Vinales, perhaps?

In my opinion, yes. Very very strong Pedrosa, perhaps at this time even stronger perhaps, but Pedrosa has already shown its potential, however Vinales have it yet unexpressed.

Apart from being within the same box, with team-mate you do not live that much belonging to a single team?

It depends on what relationship you have with your team mate, but if the reports are not great and I do not want to see, he is there, we are here, but changes little.

See stizze or other rewards, or other data, it can be beneficial?

Yes, well we are all open, but I think now all the teams are working well, as in F1, even in motogp all drivers can see what the other is doing, and so it's a lot faster to changing work.

Iannone Suzuki on how you see it?

I see it very well, in that it can be strong, because Iannone is a fast rider, unfortunately this year has made mistakes and has thrown away, but it is truly one of the fastest drivers on the track. I do not think that Suzuki is much worse than the Ducati. And then the Japanese always have clever ideas and a way of developing the very logical motorcycle.

3. caferace

caferace No.

continued:

It will be difficult for Dovizioso with Lorenzo?

I think it's the logical choice to put Dovizioso with Lorenzo because I think a rider Dovizioso is different from Iannone and he will try to give less hassle, meaning they will try to make a more collaborative work with him. Dovizioso angry will last? With Lorenzo we have it lasts a bit 'all.

So strong Lorenzo eh?

Very very strong.

And is one present in the box?

This really do not know, however, it is very strong to ride the bike.

How to stay at Mugello? It 'true that you can not sleep?

Also in Le Mans he not slept because there was an incredible mess for three days, then at Mugello will be like in Le Mans.

So you also do not sleep?

No, no, but it's nice, Mugello is so. If you can not sleep you put the caps and try to sleep the same.

What is the ideal training of the motor home of Rossi for a Grand Prix?

European Training is always the same. It's me, Uccio, Albi and Max forever. Four of them in more European races. Sometimes it is also Carlo, which is the fifth. So we are four or five. I have my own room, where you feel a bit 'less noise and they're two two. Or two and one. So a double and a single, which becomes a second double if there is also Carlo.

Is there anyone who prepares breakfast for the other?

Usually it is Max who does everything.

And who wakes you up on race day?

She always wakes Max, but then comes Galbraith. In theory he wakes Galbusera, but now I do wake up five minutes before Max, so when it comes Galbusera are a bit 'more awake.

You have the natural wake up or that it sounds?

I have an alarm that sounds, both in competitions and at home. If I do not put the alarm clock, I sleep until three in the afternoon. The races the clock is around eight, at home more calmly. I have organized my life, ever since I was little to do nothing in the morning, then I wake up calmly, I have breakfast, because it is important to eat well and then activities for the afternoon. Usually in the morning I am not very present.

I discovered that many people usually go to bed with your tablet. You too?

No, I look at the phone before going to bed. Whatsapp above, or Twitter, or Instagram, or a lot of television, Sky movies. Now I'm covering the first set of Gomorrah, when I go to bed. I'm looking at the second in the series directed and me about the first one, so I remember well. So I got to episode nine of the first and fourth of the second. Gomorrah I really like, then Masterchef we also hosted at the ranch. Gomorrah and Masterchef are top notch. And then the best films.

And then there is a transmission that you liked most of all

Top Gear Italy, that I put at the top (laughs).

What's always in your suitcase?

More or less many things are repetitive. There's my turtle. We 'a stuffed turtle that my mother gave me just before you start to run with the minibike, so it was 1989. I liked the Ninja Turtles, we were in a supermarket in Pesaro me and she bought it. It 'a stuffed turtle that had suction cups, which are attacked. Then I had attached to the helmet when I started racing minibikes, in fact in all my photos with minimoto is this turtle attacked and there is still, in great shape, no longer has the suction cups, it is withdrawn from the helmet, because the MotoGP would be more difficult, however, is always the races. She is always there. It's called Michelangelo.

What kind of workout you Submit? There is a boring and a nice part of?

Yes, the boring part is the gym where you train with various weights. I am so used, in recent years, when I go to the gym there are all of our pilot chutes Academy, as well as all the other people that's in my gym, all of Pesaro friends over to Charles. Then I do a lot of aerobic work, then you go to run and there is even more difficult, however, that much work in motion. And there for 'taste.

Do gym is mainly used to make breath, tired because the bike?

They need the strength and breath. These bikes are very tiring, especially the race. To do 5:00 to 6:00 laps is not bad, but when you have to make twenty-eight, is tough. If you are not in place, the last laps you have to slow down because you can not do more.

For training in motion, you have chosen the most beautiful option in the world. I hope the Academy boys are aware of their good fortune

Anyone realizes, someone less. We are doing many things with the bike, even turning Misano, that even that is an incredible stuff. All pilots, including Sanchio, Gram, Cadalora, when they see me they understand the luck that they are having. They instead to go for two rounds at Misano, he did not know how to do. Then the ranch is a great workout. And then the rest, all that can be motorsport: enduro, go kart, cross just because it's a bit 'dangerous.

You are elder brother, father, teacher or friend of these guys? It sounds like you're there with them very well

I do not know if this is something that I have to worry about whether or not (smiles, ed). I feel a lot on their wavelength, even if they are 18 years old and I almost 40. No, of course not, Dad, but more motorcycle brother, big brother more than anything else with my brother.

Tips from you or look at them to learn?

I give a lot of advice to all and sometimes scolding them when they do the things I do not like. I try to explain to them, in my opinion, what they went wrong.

The Academy is the most productive and effective pool of talent of Italian motorcycling

Yes, absolutely, because having my name we have many friends who help us, support our drivers and this is an important thing. Thank you again because they still train together makes you grow more and more. Even when you go to the gym or running, you always try to beat each other. There is a great competition, let alone when we go to shoot in motion together, there times of times, brawl, what I think is very important. At the ranch, in the afternoon it's all organized in the sense that there are free practice, the qualifying practice, the times, sometimes we make the super pole for the lap, and sometimes we do another type of exercise, but especially in the c 'it is always the race which is always a race all together starting together and the uS, which instead is total brawl and there are overtaking, the lines and that's very important.

Who makes life difficult for Valentino Rossi in those races there?
    There are several that go very strong. Pasini is very strong, Morbidelli is very strong, my brother is very strong, Balda is very strong, and then me. The five of us go a longer nap. But also Bulega is very strong, Pecco is very strong, there Migno going strong. All. The top ten are all fast. The ranch does not clean driving, why not make, is all askew.

Graziano also still has its say?
    Graziano is very spectacular but he is not looking for performance. Search the cross along.

After the final heavy last season, this year we have seen the always very correct race drivers among you?
    Meanwhile, at a press conference today spoke of respect that should have the fans for all the drivers, that is, to cheer without exaggeration, must stay a nice one. As for us drivers, the important thing is to share what we think of people off the track by what happens on the track, where instead should always stay a little 'careful, because it is also dangerous.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Reading that hurt my brain..... Thanks though

Phl218 and bleacht like this.
  5. caferace

caferace No.

Yeah, it was a bit painful with the translation, but it's pretty rare anyone gets that much out of Rossi. Couldn't really TL;DR it. :)

-jim

The Great One and BigBird like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Update on the discussion from a couple of pages ago:
    Poncharal said again on Saturday that Pol Espargaro gets to decide if he stays or goes. He, Lin Jarvis and Pol's agent have been meeting on Friday during which a formal offer was made that expires the weekend of the Catalunya race. I don't know if it's a factory contract or is it was a slip of the tongue but Poncharal specifically said that Pol had received "an offer from Yamaha Japan."

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hasn't he been Yamaha choice at Tech3?

8. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

You're dead to me...

throwdown likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He is, but they made clear months ago that he has not met expectations and that he was not going to be renewed on a factory contract. So this is a little confusing.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gotcha.

Sounds like Rins is off their list unless Herve himself gets him (but Herve has no cash).

11. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Rins may screw himself out of a top ride with his "factory or bust" philosophy. At this point, the best seat that is "available" would be at Suzuki, although there already appears to be a waiting list there. Other than that there's Aprilia and KTM. I think a rising star is more likely to show their talent on a Tech 3 bike than with the last two factory seats. Also, Tech 3 seems to work a lot closer with their Factory team than Honda does. It'd be a shame to see Rins piss away a good opportunity.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The only way the numbers work with Suzuki is that they run three bikes or they get a two bike "B" team.

I just can't see letting Asparagus 1 go even if he's not getting it done this year.

13. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

That's why I put available in quotes. Between Asparagus and this option that Brivio keeps mentioning on Zarco, they just need to put the pen to paper to fill that seat.

I still think AI and AE would be a fantastic pair for the team. The agression between those two would instantly shave a second off of their lap times!

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I hope he's smart enough to learn something from what happened to Zarco and take quick corrective action.

But having been directly involved with a manager having to make such a decision (I was strongly recommending Tech 3 or Gresini, they felt otherwise), I can tell you it's very difficult to look at the long term sometimes when you're in that position.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd like to see the "B" team with Rins and Zarco or a pick two of One, Zoro, Rins and Crazy Joe at the factory and the other two at LCR.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Don't think Casey misses MotoGP much

[​IMG]

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

Saw that on his feed.

Darn lucky bastard

Did you see him shaking his head when the two ducks were going at it?
    I LOL'd a little

BigBird likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Reading on a few of the more reliable websites that Pramac will stay the same.

MCN is reporting that Crutchlow will race both bikes in order to win first and second in the championship. :D

Phl218 likes this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Let's start a GoFundMe so he can afford to pave his driveway. ;)

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He was supposed to be Lamborghini's guest this week at some event in Italy.

BigBird likes this.