1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeez, the Motogp silly season for 2017 has already kicked off.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Not sure why Smith would be surprised with nature taking its course.

2. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Who said he was surprised?

3. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

Smith to KTM for 2017 / 2018

4. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

5. The Great One

Of that list, Rins seems like the only one that Yamaha would actually care about. Zarco seems to have his future in MotoGP, but I doubt with Tech 3. The rest of those guys are already GP veteran status and they haven't been strong enough prospects to eventually fill the shoes of Valentino Rossi or Jorge Lorenzo.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was thinking that was wild speculation but yeap, KTM for 2. :)

Interesting choice, Not the worst one. Who will be running the bikes, AJO?

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would be shocked if Zarco ended up riding for Tech 3. But stranger things have happened.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Maybe I'm way out of line on Zarco but he seems to go near perfect when the bike is perfect. When it's not 100% he seems to be rattled and has lost the race before it starts.

Even on a Tech 3 he'd be that small percentage off. Factory Yamaha or nothing.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My post wasn't an endorsement of Zarco. I just don't think that he and Tech 3 are good match for a few reasons. He's not going straight to Factory Yamaha either.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, then I agree. I also think Suzuki bringing him in would be an error for both them and Zarco.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Zarco to Suzuki. This is steeltoe approved.

12. The Great One

13. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I read that this morning. Seems strange on the split with his manager and the timing of it.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Man, Rins into a factory seat right off the bat is dangerous to him.

15. The Great One

I'm surprised that it's happening. I surely thought the Thugs of Rufea would squash that possibility. Can you imagine if he comes into that team the same way that Marquez did? 2017 could be intense!

16. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

I was wondering if it was Rins that had the beef with the Marquez clan. Don't recall the details either, but that could definitely make things interesting in the Honda garage.

17. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Rins is good, but is he really THAT good?

Marquez went straight to factory because he was god damned unstoppable. But how is Rins blowing peoples doors off?

BigBird likes this.
  18. The Great One

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay, I'll say it. Suzuki, you blow dead monkeys! You need the 3rd and perhaps a 4th bike to help develop your motogp bike and at the very least, you could supply "last year's" bike.

That PR pisses me the f@ck off.

20. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Same 'ol song and dance from their GP project.