1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeez, the Motogp silly season for 2017 has already kicked off.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Suzuki should just completely withdraw again.

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

They couldn't afford the slot because of Pedro's salary...

4. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Graphics aren't cheap!

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Jonas Folger - 2017 - Monster Yamaha Tech3

6. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

7. 418

418 Expert #59

Why?

I like the dude but he hasn't show much.

8. The Great One

I agree, but the pickings are pretty slim for ultra young talent in Moto2 right now. Rins seems dead set on a Factory ride, Danny Kent's results have been lackluster so far, Morbidelli seems like he can be quick but it's still too early to tell considering he's only had a few races within a proper team. Everyone else is 25+, which is "too old" to be the next big thing.

At least Folger has shown that he has the potential to be VERY quick. Herve Poncheral and Yamaha probably feel that they can bring out the best in him under their guidance.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

not a super exciting pick...definitely not a Alien to Be

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, he's German and that's not a bad passport to have in motogp.

BigBird likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yeah...he'll definitely come with sponsor money,

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The same things were said about Bradley Smith.

Chip likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

More like Dorna money. Bradl has kind of sucked and will be off to WSBK sooner or later so they need a German that won't totally suck for when he does.

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Aftert what he showed last year(this year has been a bust that I will chalk up to him not getting along with the frog skins), I dont doubt Herve anymore.

15. The Great One

So Zarco has a MotoGP test with Suzuki in Japan, and was just asked to participate in the Suzuka 8H race for them. Are they going to go ahead and announce a contract for him next year, or are the going to go the HRC/Johnny Rea route? :Poke:

Chip likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd bet they are waiting to see what happens with Vindaloo. He stays they have to figure out what to do with Asparagus 1. Vindaloo bails, they just slot Zoro into his seat and potentially keep Asparagus 1.

They need a third bike.

17. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Brevio has stated that they have some type of agreement with Zarco for 2017.

18. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Not many in Moto2 that stand out to be honest, Lowes now that he's calmed down and maybe Morbidelli??? The rest just seem, meh. Even Zarco.
    This. If they want to have continued success in GP and fight for titles in the future; they have to get at least one more bike on the grid as a feeder.

19. 418

418 Expert #59

And I like Smith too but realistically once he goes to KTM his career is pretty much over and he's never done as well as Crashlow in Tech3 so....

20. BigBird

BigBird blah