1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

its here

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Sep 30, 2014.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I think currently it would be reasonable to quarantine anyone who has been there in the last 21 days. Regardless of citizenship just check the passport. Oh and no visas granted to people coming from there until things stabilize.

Just consider the plague was generally spread by ships. One enters and the plague set in and spread inland. Of course according to the king that could never happen.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Well... While yall are all busily freaking about how Obama/DHS/NSA/CIA/ISIS are gonna give you ebola, I'ma go on about my regular business and just make sure that if I see someone shitting blood that I don't let them sneeze directly into my mouth. :rolleyes:

Yall go on ahead & be skeered, now.

3. sheepofblue

It is not being scared it is the reality that another epidemic will happen sooner or later as they have throughout history. Given the fatality rate, ineptness of the government and lying the government is currently doing. To not be concerned is naive to panic is silly.

However let me ask would you send your kid to school tomorrow to the school where the exposed kids attend?

4. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

You mean to tell me that 6,574 people in Liberia had people sneeze directly into their mouths in the last 3 months? :rolleyes:

I don't think there is any reason to go crazy here. But this guy was around 5(?) children, who all went to school after potentially being exposed. If I were a parent with children in those schools, I'd be going fucking nuts right now.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

What kind of concerns me is the exponential rise of the number of people dying each month from ebola in Africa. Until that graph tapers off I don't think they're out of the woods over there..

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The people that are on the radar scree concern me less than those that are not.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Headline this AM: Ebola Sick man Vomits Outside his Apartment...on his way to ER.

Hummm...so there is a HAZMAT cleanup?? or did folks just walk around it...left it to dry?

How did he get it?: "Duncan helped bring the woman back to her family's home and carried her into the house"

Perhaps she gave him a kiss as thanks..either way she died...as did the other guy who helped carry her...seems like "Close Intimate Contact"

8. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

:crackhead: the plague was generally spread by FLEAS, on RATS, on ships. hygiene was also a tad less back then in the western world... just a tad. :rolleyes: but hey... let's totally put that on obama now. aren't you a clever one.

not to mention... if you really wanted to, you could drive to another country or take a train in africa, then hop on a plane from there. and while travel restriction is something, that's not gonna shelter the US entirely. so you want enept TSA guys to now be reading every stamp of every passport that comes thru customs, when half of them probably can't even identify half the states in the US, and look for specific countries... good luck.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The administration in charge gets credit/blame. Period. Don't like it? Don't run.

11. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Are you delirious? Too much coffee? Have a fight with your woman this morning? WTF? :crackhead: is right...

12. sheepofblue

I want TSA to check recent ones yes (remember the prediction is 21 days incubation) If they cannot manage that pull a couple off the duty of feeling people up to help.

As to the vector of spread you are partially correct. Sure we are more able to deal with disease now and hygiene is better in most places. However the number of people is higher now and the mobility FAR exceeds the rats and fleas ;)

I totally agree this is avoidable, but zero action is not avoidance it is dumb luck. But then we will see your reaction when the first case makes it to your city and schools :Pop:

13. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

It's time to take stock ladies: Either you are for Freedom and all the pitfalls or you're for a government nanny state. You can't have it both ways. Alot of pie holes need to shut about the role of government in our lives based on the reactions I'm reading here. ;)

14. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

Why the fuck are we still flying in and out of that area? Why the fuck are people from that area still being admitted into the US?

15. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Freedom from what Joe? Do you not think the government should be keeping track of who is coming into the country? That has been a government job for a while now.....well, it used to be until somebody basically decided to open up a certain southern border....:p

16. Sacko DougK

When this news broke, my first fear was this was from military logistical crew. NAS Fort Worth is right there and there are several logistics squadrons there. My fear is that if we have military and government orgs there, they will be supported by US military logistical squadrons. They fly globally and are at risk of exposure as well.

17. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

From the guy that bitches about excessive government interference with his boat travel. That's rich! :crackup:

Look, I got Legionaires disease trying to kill me in the A/C (x3 and counting) and carbon monoxide trying to kill me at the hotel (x2 and counting). OMG I need the government to rescure me!!!!

The TSA is a facade of security. I'm not going to go back to the government and ask them to expand that role. Likewise I'm not going to advocate, in vein, that the State Department No Fly list is used to funnel visitors through extra security. The Israeli's would have themselves exempt in hours. So what is the answer? I think Acree sucinctly summed up the challenge with combatting the spread of Ebola. When this dies out we'll be left with the laws we invoked out of fear. I'm just the messenger that a bunch of "conservatives" are acting like liberal crybabies. Our freedoms have consequences. If you're seeking government protection from your fears then don't bitch about what freedoms you're handing over or the government intrusion you're inviting.

18. Sacko DougK

I'm not quite sure how this is not the federal governments responsibility? :confused:

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

20. kangasj

kangasj Banned

LOL, I'll tell you what's rich. The government has the manpower to harass boaters who never left the county but can't check on people coming from an area infested with Ebola. If you can't see a big difference well then I can only sigh.