1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

its here

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Sep 30, 2014.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

2. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Big shocker.....not
    Cheers, Lee S.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bush did it! The Intelligence community didn't inform Obama! No boots on the ground! Immigration reform would have prevented that! The IRS didn't know so they never told Obama! Gun control would have prevented this! Climate change!

Stay calm, Obama will give you a free phone and an EBT card.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Lets hope they don't have to drop a fuel/air bomb on Dallas like they did in that movie Outbreak.

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Just the first confirmed case. Some chance the children flown to every part of the country had it also.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Watch for more mystery illnesses.

7. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Im sure the D day preppers are going nuts!

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This ""panic"" will take its place alongside SARS, swine flu, bird flu, H1N1, and I'm sure I'm missing a few others.

Gotta keep the populace terrified, dontchaknow. :rolleyes:

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

A 50% or greater mortality rate is nothing to sneeze at.

10. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

ground zero is not a Texan, instead it is a Liberian visiting family in tx.

Can live without a host for days.
    Survivors have shown the virus in their semen over a month after recovery.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

We'll all die from Chickengunya or the Collie Wobbles. Maybe even an advanced case of Mocus. We don't need any stinking Ebola bug.

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Not to mention if it mutated to be airborne as vidii tend to mutate.

13. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

aerosol is airborne, same as the cold or flu....Aerosol (which is airborne droplets) is the same mode of transmission for cold/flu/ebola.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_cold
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza

The ebola virus also stays active w/out a host longer than cold/flu....upping it's ease of contaminating people.
    It can also jump species very easily. Your dog has a runny nose? he doesn't feel good? call CDC & WHO! haha

Ebola is easier to catch than the common cold :Pop:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

DIRECT contact with bodily fluids is required to transmit ebola. It is not transmissible by sneezing or coughing or breathing on people. Given that anyone remotely paying attention to medical procedure would know that HIV is transmitted the same way, existing protocols will prevent the spread of ebola.

Sheesh the gullible fall for these media boogieman scares so easily. :rolleyes:

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

So why do all healthcare workers wear the "protective" masks?? If they are not really needed it seems to just be a waste...unless maybe they are just being over cautious..

It seems to me history is littered with "Outbreaks" that have killed Millions of people...and TheGovernment would down play anything that would make them seem to be "at fault" or "behind the curve".

16. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Wrong.

"Can Ebola spread by coughing? By sneezing?

Unlike respiratory illnesses like measles or chickenpox, which can be transmitted by virus particles that remain suspended in the air after an infected person coughs or sneezes, Ebola is transmitted by direct contact with body fluids of a person who has symptoms of Ebola disease. Although coughing and sneezing are not common symptoms of Ebola, if a symptomatic patient with Ebola coughs or sneezes on someone, and saliva or mucus come into contact with that person’s eyes, nose or mouth, these fluids may transmit the disease."

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/transmission/qas.html

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Laugh if you must, but I think I will hang onto my irrational fear of ebola.

18. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Sadly, even medieval Venetians were smart enough to institute certain immigration quarantines to prevent the bubonic plague.

19. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I'm kind of with ya. If I see somebody wandering around with blood running out of their orifices I think I'm going to walk the other way.

It will be interested to see how this plays out. I wonder if he infected anybody once he got here and I wonder who they infected. Kinda crazy that he went to the hospital with symptoms and was sent home for a few days when he first seeked treatment. The first doctors he saw definitely had a swing and a miss...

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The CDC is pretty good, but there is an article on CNN's website this morning on points of entry, specifically airports and the TSA that does not give me high confidence in the federal government's ability to contain much of anything. Maybe if the Secret Service were in charge of security it would be better. :D