1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance is a load of sh#t!

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I pay around $1700 annually for a 2016 Wrangler, a 2008 Explorer and a 34 foot RV. Full coverage with stacked UM.

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Your thinking rational which I am not. I always ask for forgiveness before permission. I haven't had a car loan in a long time. When I was on skype going in and out 30 miles of the coast of panama the agent failed to tell me that its a law to have insurance in florida and it is reported to the dmv and get fined. Sorry, just not used to these real world problems

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Loan contract sets the rules for the insurance. The end.

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Most companies have provisions to drop to minimum legal coverage pip/pd and comp no collision for a car that will be unused for a few months. Call your agent

5. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

A few thousand per year....Not very much

6. Captain Morgan

The loan contract was a joke. Went in had no proof of income at all, a drivers license from Saipan, no proof of residense in the Us for the last 10 years. Walk out with a 25000 dollar truck in 30 min. Got to love the US

7. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

I'll bite
    7500/year homeowners
    800/year flood
    1100/year RV
    2500/year mine and the wife's cars (one own, one lease)
    6000/ year health(me and daughter, the wife is seperate)
    1200 per month life insurance (shouldn't count this, this is technically retirement money)
    I assume the wife's health insurance is 3000.

Captain Morgan likes this.
  8. Captain Morgan

At least there Is somebody honest, how much over a lifetime?

9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

[​IMG]

Also, godamn you guys...

$1100/yr. for car insurance full coverage
    $130/yr. renters insurance with $30k extra coverage
    $1560/yr. health/dental/eye insurance

i get some kinda free something life insurance thru my work, and another little one thru my credit union. when i had my Speed Triple it was like $560/yr. full coverage. when i had my R6 on the road it was $120/yr. for liability + theft.

10. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Hell my motorcycle insurance is $850 a year. Clear license 45 years old liability only.

Auto is about $1700 year on 2016 Nissan Titan full coverage. It's going up this year because a drunk driver hit my old car and totaled it while parked in front of my house last year.

11. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

12. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

I was gonna give you props for the time and energy this took to put together, but then I realized you just searched for "divorce". :crackup:

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

guess the premiums going lower is a pipe dream when you have 5 different insurance companies buying expensive ad time all over the freaking place! What blows goats is my agent retired last year so I have to go and look at all the coverages with a fine tooth comb. I hate calling 1800 centers. :(

14. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Hey, my carpal tunnel flared up from all the cutting and pasting! :eek:

15. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

22k a year. Thats a lot of money.

I mean, thats a lot of tires and mr12

throwdown likes this.
  16. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Chances are that the payments for the life insurance he mentioned is going towards cash value, the actual insurance cost may just be a fraction of what he's putting in.

throwdown likes this.
  17. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

And for $7500/yr homeowners, either he's getting hosed or he lives in a $7M home.

TZ250lover and drop like this.
  18. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking... Did you accidentally add an extra "0" Holy shit...

19. drop

drop Well-Known Member

When you buy insurance your buying an emotion. Period.

20. Captain Morgan