1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance is a load of sh#t!

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the whole idea. Bought a truck, its sitting covered for the next 6 months, canceled my insurance. Turns out its against florida law and my license will be suspended!!!!! So I have to pay money and a fine for a truck to sit under a cover???? And this is the reason I left the states 12 years ago.

Just out of curiosity, honestly how much do you guys pay total a month for insurance?? Car, motorcycle, boat, atv, heatlh, life, flood, homeowners, rental, pet, the list keeps going. I swear if you add it up a middle class American pays more in insurance than an average person makes in a lifetime

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

If there is a lien holder on the truck then yes, you have to carry full insurance. If you have title in hand that is a different story.

3. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

If you're not going to need to use the truck for an extended time, you can turn in the tag and registration and the insurance requirement goes away. I just mentioned that because I know how you travel around. It may save you a few bucks.

SmokeSignalRT likes this.
  4. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

if you don't have a lien, park it, put fire and theft (comprehensive only). should be enough, unless Florida has some goofy laws. Ski

5. Captain Morgan

I hear you, always have paid cash for every bike I owned since I bought a brand new gsxr 600 at 17 years old and locked every one up like a bicycle. . The bank does technically own the truck, just sucks to pay a made up fee for nothing.

6. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

My insurance has an option to remove the vehicle from use which I think still carries comprehensive coverage but is much cheaper.

7. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Not to be a dick, but it isn't for nothing if the bank has a lein. You're maintaining protection of their asset, and you agreed to it when you signed the loan docs.

The fine from FL and having your license suspended are different issues.

8. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

having comprehensive-only insurance on my vehicles that dont get driven much adds around $20 to my annual insurance cost IIRC.

any vehicle that doesnt get driven on the street for the whole year is non-op'd and has no insurance.

9. Captain Morgan

Have a lein, basically to gain credit to prove to a girl that I wouldn't leave. That lasted 2 weeks

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Most States, if the vehicle is registered, it must have liability insurance. You will otherwise be fined, and could possibly have to file an SR22...your rates could triple for up to three years if they slam you with one of those.

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Welcome to adulting. :D

eggfooyoung likes this.
  12. Captain Morgan

Not to be a dick but if the truck caught on fire or blew away in a hurricane tomorrow I have the cash to pay it off no problem. Just trying to build my American credit and possibly get in debt so I can fit in with the normal folk

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

This ain't the Dungeon so little can be said about insurance.
    I'll leave it at this...in the future Republic of Fred, there is no insurance. Accept your own risks.

crusty9r likes this.
  14. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Isn't there better ways to build credit? You're paying insurance you don't need on top of interest too. I agree the bank always requires insurance, if you don't they'll likely force place their own insurance and make you pay that. Btw- the bank has no idea you can pay the truck off, or even would if it did blow up tomorrow, they deal with enough dead beats to not trust you. Hell they even have a whole department that deals with this issue of people that cant seem to stick to their word.

15. Captain Morgan

37 and still haven't grasped the concept. Chillin on a dirt road, turning off of real life driving

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So you're mad because you did something stupid for 'tang.....oh well.:crackup:

Cam Morehead likes this.
  17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

NY is the same way. You have to turn the plates in if you take it off the road, otherwise they assume you're driving it with no insurance. It's dmv / traffic law, nothing to do with a bank or lien.

18. Captain Morgan

no, was just in Panama, will, be in Cuba for the next month, Dominican Republic and the St, Maartan. It's always there if you want to pay for it. This girl is special

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yeah, we know. :Poke:

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

hint if you dont renew your FL tag... the State wont care about that status of your insurance! :D Now your lender could add supplemental coverage at a premium