1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another GF/Wife breakup/divorce

Discussion in 'General' started by gapman789, Sep 3, 2016.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Called the girlie friend on my way home from work last evening, and she told me she moved out, while i was at work, with her 15 yr old son that Ive been raising for the last 8 yrs. (his real dad had passed when he was 7)

Things were kinda rocky all summer for some bone head career choices she made that financially wrecked her thus stressing me out and shit. But i didn't necessarily see it coming to a complete end so abruptly. She confessed to cheating on me a week ago and she felt too guilty to stay. Which is fine, whatever.

Just the adjustment of coming home to an empty house, a lonely dog, waking up without her, etc, kinda sucks. But Ima big boy....almost 47 and never married. I think that's the way it is supposed to be for me.

But damn, I just bought her a few Aprilia shirts, " # be a racer" boy shorts, Astars SMX-1R riding boots and stuff. She loved the bikes and the track.

Oh well.

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

$50 for the boots?

Too soon?

kanatuna, stk0308, V5 Racer and 4 others like this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Really tho, that sucks. Sorry.

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

You plan to maintain contact with the kid?

6. gapman789

Pfft, there's still stuff here but she made damn sure sure took all her gear....1 pc Astar suit, race boots, about 8 riding jackets, harley shit, 1/2 dozen helmets, Indy motogp memorabilia, Ben stuff, hoodie after hoodie, etc....

Ima routine kinda guy, so any changes in my day to day world, will take a minute to get sorted out.

BigBird and Olympus Racing like this.
  7. gapman789

Try to. He's not happy. Its his lst year of high school, he's a total sports nut, but no athleticism at all, but he's a self taught musician so he's in marching band. I pick him up from practice during the week, and was looking forward to going to the football games. The band needed volunteers for the games to move equuipment to and from the field and to even haul the 8x16 trailer to the away games, that I had signed up to do.

He can't ride the bus with his friends now...mom and friends/family are going to shuuffle him back and forth to school...60 mile round trip.

Their iphone 6s's are mine...i have to get them turned off. She asked me to keep them on for a day or two, buuuut she was using that phone to hookup with dude, so im kinda shitty feeling about that.

I mean, i get it, chicks trip and fall on dicks all the time, but don't use my phone to stumble over.

VFR#52 and Olympus Racing like this.
  8. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Sorry man. Just be glad you didn't have a contract.

XFBO and svtinker like this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sorry to read this. At least you're not married.

Cuddles de Sade and BigBird like this.
  10. Phl218

Phl218 .

Sorry man, stay strong.

11. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

To hell with her, keep hanging out with the kid. It will help you both.

Shenanigans likes this.
  12. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Shut them off and report the phones as stolen if she doesn't give them back. She's not in a position to be asking for favors.

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Leave his on so you can stay in contact. Turn her phone off now..

14. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

sorry dude... you seem to be handling it well. every time i go through a break up i buy a new bike. suddenly i have a lot more spending money

noles19 likes this.
  15. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Is the relationship between you and the kid solid enough if he wanted to stay with you for the school year? Could he? Would his mother allow it? You'd be surprised the relationship that has developed between the two of you.

Shenanigans and Fencer like this.
  16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

No alimony, no child support ..... you'll be making out better than many so there's always an upside.

The Great One and Fencer like this.
  17. Go have a beer, enjoy the quiet. It will take a while to get used to.

18. Oh hell yeah.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sorry to read this man.

Change the locks and if she's on any of your accounts (credit cards, checking, savings) and get yourself off hers, fast.

BigBird and Lawn Dart like this.
  20. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

This. Youre way ahead of the game. No PFA with eviction, no custody orders to play games with.

Your case is about as smooth as a separation can go.

Best of luck.