1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Divorce Tips, Help or Guidance

Discussion in 'General' started by rraiderr, May 20, 2014.

1. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

Can you of you divorce veterans give me a little help.

This will be my first divorce and we have no kids.

All the assets are in my name except for her car.

Any tricks to keep it low cost, any tips to keep the fighting at a minimal?

How do you divide things if you can't come to agreement?

Thanks and by the way this sucks.

Just hoping I can keep my track bike and trailer.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

By some land, shoot her, freeze her, buy a wood chipper, rent bobcat, dig hole on land, cut down trees, chip trees then her then more trees into the hole. cover with dirt...sell wood chipper

Go racing either right away or after your parole date depending on how well you execute the plan.

3. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Ugh. Marriage is marriage, but divorce is business.
    Try to keep calm, realistic, and not emotional. Things have a better chance of being smooth without fighting and yelling.
    Chances are, you're gonna lose half of everything you (as a pair) have, so be prepared for that, unless there are mitigating circumstances.
    Anything joint (bank accounts, credit cards) separate them now! Document everything (balances, debt, assets) so if she decides to go on a spending spree, there is record of it.
    Sorry :down:
    Cheers, Lee S.

4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Don't know where you live and I'm not a lawyer, but I was in the same boat a couple years ago. Anything I wanted to keep was valued by an appraiser, and I had to buy her out of it/added to the settlement, etc. If your house is above water you will have to buy her out of her half of the equity. If it's underwater and you want it, you will have to find a way to get her off the title (refinance). Good luck with that. I got a shitty house appraisal, had to come up with a bunch of cash to to get it done. It doesn't matter if shes not on the title, it's the mortgage note that counts. She took a chunk of my pension, and a chunk of my deferred comp, and I took 1/2 the credit card debt that I didn't... ugh... etc etc.

She left, had a lawyer on retainer and the paperwork filed before she even took off. I had no idea. Refused counseling, refused to talk, barely participated in mediation. She got a nasty lawyer and the process was hell. Took 1.5 years to get it done... we were married for 4 years. No kids. No unusual circumstances.

Marriage is a fucking scam. Best of luck to you, sorry for what you're about to go through.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Pay her off. Get some strange and move on.

6. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

amicable or not,
    get a lawyer.

there is no cheap way to this. I am not a veteran but i have enough female friends with license plates that say "was his" or similar to know the game.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Who is seeking the divorce and did one or both of you get some strange (yes it matters)?
    How long were you married?
    Who makes the most money? and by how much?

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Search Utoobz for "divorce bank", check out the first result for some quasi info/laughs.

Popp has some interesting advice lol

9. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

No it doesn't. Not everywhere anyway.

10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

THe process sucks. There is no easy way out. I honestly gave my ex everything and started over. It was easier that way in my case. But I didn't have much in savings and such.

11. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig shit, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig."

12. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

too much snatch is the reason he is here in the first place.

13. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Look up Robert Pickton. Killed 49 women in the Vancouver area and fed them to his pigs.

14. ton

ton Arf!

winner :beer:

OP: sorry to hear.

15. Hyperdyne

You don't go medieval. A wood chipper creates a DNA salad. You wanna do it right? You disappear. Toss her the keys, and the shirt off your back and go find Captain Stabbin John Kangas in the keys.

16. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

prison might be better than being Kangas's cabin bitch.

we will have another thread about being unexpected "boarding" at night.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Don't get hitched is my plan.

18. Hyperdyne

If it's DNR (conservation officer) no thanks. Them dudes don't play nice.

19. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

Get atty
    Get off all social media
    Never ever ever say a word about her to anyone but atty
    secure all assets in your possession or escrow
    Change the house locks
    Get your home/car declared off limits to her
    No pics of you taken
    DON'T date!

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You couldn't get a PDF to marry you any way. Your plumage isn't colorful enough.