1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it contagious? Does this place need another divorce thread?!

Discussion in 'General' started by Lazy Destroyer, Apr 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Cause I can add one on here. o_O
    Lame!

Project #debt2017 goes up another level! :crackup:
    Kinda weird getting the reset button pressed after 12 years..

2. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Well, shit.
    I hope it is quick and amicable, unlike mine.
    But on the flip side, my sex life is better than ever :) :cool::flag:

Wingnut and t11ravis like this.
  3. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear. Especially you

4. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Dang man, that's sucks. Best of luck, if you need anything shoot me a message.

5. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

sorry to hear Blake..

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Marriage increases your risk of divorce by 100%. Sorry to hear.

L8RSK8R and masshole like this.
  7. Killswitch

Killswitch Redneckistanian

Aw man:(.... sorry to hear this Blake

8. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Sorry to hear this, but what the ladies want is not a "Lazy Destroyer", but rather a:

[​IMG]

Scooter_428, V5 Racer, 5axis and 10 others like this.
  9. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Bummer dude. Welcome aboard!

10. Chasbro

Chasbro Well-Known Member

Jerry Reed has a song for you.

Lazy Destroyer and Killswitch like this.
  11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

12 years. Lucky skunk.

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Damn, sorry to hear.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I just got back from Vegas last night.....I highly recommend a long weekend to dull the sting :beer:

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Hey Kris, do you have a better / more clearly focused pic like that? I'd like to put one in my office at work.

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Kidding aside, divorce sucks. Everything about it sucks, until it's over.

When two people are so far from the same page that they're willing end a relationship that literally requires a court order to terminate, it's likely that you'll be happier apart.

I divorced at 29, and I can say that the 8 years since have been the best of my life. Wishing you the same luck!

Pixelator, Wingnut, Funkm05 and 2 others like this.
  16. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I stole that from a post here on the WERA board. :D

17. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

It's somewhat amicable... or at least as much as it could be for something like this.
    For those of you that have gone through an uncontested divorce, is it pretty easy to use a single lawyer for both parties to keep costs down?

Or is it possible to file the paperwork ourselves? Maybe something like LegalZoom or some other method for filing? There isn't going to be any disagreements on how to split up.
    The only thing formal we for sure need is an agreement for what she gets as far as her share of the house equity (we are both on the mortgage paperwork) and who pays for any associated costs related to the change in the home loan (up front costs). Other than that, I think just the divorce itself is all we need. She is already gone from the home.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Did you stay gone all day Sunday?

HPPT likes this.
  19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Have a back up plan for when she decides to contest the uncontested-ness of the proceedings.

20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Someone who practices family law will probably chime in and clarify, but it sounds like you're talking about binding mediation. That person would not represent either of you. You'd both agree to pay that person $XXX and agree to abide by their division of your property, support, alimony, etc. They would also take care of filing the paperwork, but do not make the mistake of assuming that person represents YOU or your interests. They would listen to your arguments about why you think you deserve more or she deserves less, but you're just hiring a stand-in "judge" who can file the agreement with the court.

I always struggle to understand how divorces can get so contentious when it comes to dividing up property and marital assets, but then I guess that's a good sign for my marriage... If we ever wanted to call it quits, I just picture us both being totally reasonable about things. YMMV.