1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impending Schumer shutdown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, Jan 19, 2018.

1. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Looks like someone should have kept his liberal mouth shut.

Jim , Jim , is that you?

Maybe it’s just 2000 meters out, a bit out of range.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I liked the park shutdown, got to go through a couple of them out by Vegas for free :D

G 97 likes this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yeah, uh, no.

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Shutdown means not or limited government spending. That may not be a bad thing.
    Interesting how the news is not portraying the shutdown as one. Not with the typical fervor.

It is not only about DACA. That in itself should be addressed independently of the Budget/Funding.

What I believe borders on ludicrous is asking for a 1:1 with respect to Military/Domestic Spending.
    And by domestic, we know it means welfare.

Maybe the Dems know something we don't. Maybe 800K is 3M or perhaps 11M.

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

They were blamed when in the minority also. However they actually gained seats the next election. What is reported is not necessarily reality.

kangasj and Hawk518 like this.
  6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

That SAME majority already blame the Republicans for everything bad in their lives....pay attention.

blkduc likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

All that means is that the majority are stupid.

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

So, did President Trump and Schumer make any progress today when they met at the White House?

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I don't disagree with that. Also if this goes the way of previous shutdowns, it will cost money as the government workers are paid for not working after the shutdown ends.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Way to go Schumer.

11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I am paying attention. The majority do not blame the Republicans. There certainly is a substantial minority that does.

Personally I am just generally mad that the shutdown will cost the taxpayers money all for stupid political points while in reality nothing changes.

jase likes this.
  12. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

40DAA10F-FA45-4D9C-BA37-F9CEA91DBA91.jpeg

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

So they're going to decrease welfare?

They love to poke about out of control defense spending because it's a great distraction from welfare money that dwarfs the Defense budget.

But likewise, I'm ALL FOR an increase in Defense spending if that's what that they want, too. Where welfare creates people sitting around on their ass doing nothing, so they have time to make more welfare recipients, Defense dollars create jobs where people have to at least go someplace and hopefully do something for about 8 hours a day that EARNS them the money in their pockets, pay taxes, buy houses, buy cars, only have the kids they can afford to raise. I'm all for it.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

15. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Both NYT and AP reported it as, Democrats blocked spending bill that would have kept the government running. So in an odd twist, the MSM is even telling it how it is. Only the super stupid don't see that the Democrats own this.

16. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Only 45 republicans voted to stop the shutdown. 4 dems voted to stop the shutdown, so who's fault is it Really??

17. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Only 45 republicans voted to stop the shutdown. 4 dems voted to stop the shutdown, so who's fault is it Really??

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The six other republicans and the forty five other democrats?

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

As usual, what we're watching with this shut down is all pomp and fluff played in the political game. The political parties, fighting for power, seem to forget what their primary job is. Some political "experts" seem to think that the Democrats are playing a long term game of gambling in an effort to assure their return to power in the next elections. They're trying to play by the rules that Trump uses. They will lose. Again. :)

20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Serious question.....

What effect will a govt shutdown have on my life? I can't think of any.

TurboBlew likes this.