1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impending Schumer shutdown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, Jan 19, 2018.

1. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Good ‘ol Democrat right there, all about me.

2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Let it shut down and leave it shut down. I barely noticed the last shut down other than blathering on the radio. Only effect it had on me was that I went to grab water from a campsite in the Angeles National Forest and the gate was closed, so I had to go around it.

Trump was brilliant to rescind the executive order for DACA. The Dems got that one for free. Now they have to bargain if they want it.

3. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

So last time republicans are assholes who can't just "be reasonable" and it led to the shut down. Now that it's on the opposite side the republicans are once again the villain.

Shocking.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Way to stick it to the man. :D

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

McConnel did a pretty good job of sticking it to Schumer....of course it's only words and nothing sticks to that slimey bastard.

6. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Were you talking about McConnell or Schumer?
    :)

sheepofblue likes this.
  7. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Fox was just reporting a WSJ poll that said 48% of Amricans will blame Republicans for a shutdown.

8. Motofun352

I wouldn't be at all surprised if 48% of Americans have no idea about how the Senate works....

XFBO and StaccatoFan like this.
  9. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Jay Leno used to point this out with those street interviews.

10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Same way they’re blaming Trump and the Republicans for the tax deal that is killing babies. :D

11. Motofun352

Actually, no CHiP might actually kill some babies......Chuckie ought to think 'bout that!

12. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

We won't survive much longer...better get in your bunkers. Net Neutrality and Tax Cuts were "literally" going to kill about 20,000 people and that was bad enough. But now this will surely cause the end of times. We're doomed.

sheepofblue likes this.
  13. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

I dont know i work in boulder county right now and i work with some pretty liberal people. What i heard from them was this is the democrats fault this did not need to happen. They said they hate trump but hes right and think its a good deal. Give the money for the fence and any defence of the border for daca in return. I was shocked to say the least we had a pretty good conversation about it. They were upset the way the dems did this.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Interestingly on that kind of thing, boss was talking to a nurse at the eye doc couple weeks back. Single mother of 3, got the extra bonus at return time for the kids and is going to lose that in coming years and knows it - and she still supports the new taxes and Trumps attempts to change things. It's going to directly hurt her short term but she's looking at long term for her and her children.

gixxerreese likes this.
  15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Contrators don't

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Yeah, they either have to take vacation or don’t get paid depending on their contract. Then they have to work extra to make up the lost time. It sucks.

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Neither do contractors.

Orvis likes this.
  18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

You expect precision when I am working for free?

19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I live in north Boulder and am hearing the same thing from the libs I have befriended. Seems like the dems may have fumbled this one.

gixxerreese likes this.
  20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Was your spell-check furloughed?

badmoon692008 likes this.