1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impending Schumer shutdown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, Jan 19, 2018.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

The Dems made a huge tactical error. Their plan backfired and they had an oh shit moment. Trump wins again.

XFBO likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

#TrumpOpenUp :D

3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Unfortunately, they really didn't solve anything. This is just another 3 week kick the can down the road continuing resolution. It is good folks are back to work for now, but see you again in 2.5 weeks when they still don't have a budget.

The military and other government agencies still can't spend on what they really need for new threats, contracts, and processes because they haven't actually passed a new budget for those new line items. It is still a mess.

4. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Democrats don't want immigrants!

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They want votes.

BHP41 likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Why wait for legal immigrants to obtain citizenship and the ability to vote when you can circumvent the entire process and obtain votes immediately.

XFBO likes this.
  7. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I was being sarcastic but yes that is the end goal. Schumer probably thought the Republicans were going to cave on the topic since they have a long history of being French. He got painted in a corner and by digging his heels in he doesn't care about US citizens or caving he doesn't care about immigrants. Get me Roger Stone.....

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I suggest putting this thread on hold for 3 weeks...then we can pick it up in an uninterrupted fashion. DACA and illegal immigration won't be solved by then...then the Dems can try to claim that the Repub's are dragging their feet. I'll give 2 to 1 odds on this....

9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I actually think this is their plan. Run shutdown to shutdown until DACA really needs to addressed and throw the republicans under the bus. They tried it this go around and it failed. Like democrats did with Obamacare, the republicans need to make it known, daily if necessary, that DACA will never be approved while attached to a spending bill.

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

They need DACA to still be unresolved for the midterm elections. They will fight anything getting done before then.

R Acree likes this.
  11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Hopefully we can keep the government shut down until then. Or is it supposed to be back on again? I’m so confused. There’s supposed to be an apocalypse every morning but we’re mostly all still alive.

brex likes this.
  12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

DACA solution is easy enforce the law not a decree. Of course they need not be the highest priority but why should curing the screwing their parents gave them involve amnesty for the parents? And a free pass to the kid while people bust their tail to do it legally? Also for the 30% over 25 how many have attempted to correct their situation legally? Sorry the only solution is not amnesty (which led to more problems when tried in the past)

cav115 likes this.
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You heartless bastard.

14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Spot on...this is their plan. Their only game is to create as many victims as possible that they promise to save.

The Democrats have a record of failure, they have abandoned the middle class taxpayers, and they are currently being exposed for massive corruption. They literally represent criminals and their homegrown dependent class only. So as Trump reverses Obama's policies and America kicks ass again, they are being left in the dust as pathetic failures.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's only taken a year but I think the media as a whole are paying more attention to reality now and might finally be over Trump daring to go out to dinner without telling the press corps...

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? What has he shot down? They haven't passed anything he could shoot down unless everything I've read and heard was way off.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dems are going to be screwed on mid terms if people are having less taxes taken out of their checks...

18. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Sure it was that was where the shithole incident came from, the week before Trump said he trusted the bipartisan committee working on it and he would sign what the brought him. Didn't happen and the rest is history.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What did they bring him to sign? What did they pass he even could sign?

stk0308 and sheepofblue like this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Shh. Don't ruin his righteous indignation with pesky facts.

stk0308 and sheepofblue like this.