1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

How does the sighting system work out in the real world on those?

3. shakazulu12

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Looks nice. Reminds me of the Tanfoglio Witness lines.
    Other than the ambi-beavertail safety and the flat 1911 trigger, it's a Witness.

5. shakazulu12

Tangfolio is a clone of a CZ 75.This would be a Shadow 2 but fitted with a single action trigger from a 1911 but runs in factory CZ mags. Built by Dan Wesson, so factory custom for CZ. In theory, it’s a 2011 only likely to be reliable from stock with factory mags that are duty capable from the start.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

7. Jedb

I do like that it doesn't have that dumb (IMO) 1911 grip safety.
    One of my buddies (OMRRA guy) has the Shadow-2. nice gun, VERY light trigger.

8. shakazulu12

g19 size also coming.

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Is a Glock 26 a decent pistol? I did a minor bit of research and it seems like a typical Glock (I've got a 19). But it looks very small and I've got big hands. I'm trying to trade a Savage .243 towards something and this was an offer I got, and there haven't been many. At the very least I figure I'll use this more than the Savage.

10. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I don't really have an opinion on Glocks other than the grips just don't fit my hands right. I have long thin fingers but I wear an xl in gloves. Now the poly80 frames fit great so I have a couple of those that I have built. You love to tinker and should look into them. It's kind of like a gateway drug to 80% builds.
    https://fandffirearms.com/product-category/glock/

rd400racer likes this.
  11. shakazulu12

Glock's are basically the same pistol, just in different sizes. If the 26 is a size that you find usable, then it will work just as well as any other one honestly. The benefit to a 26 is it's size, though they are fat little bastards. And they can share mags with it's bigger brothers if you own multiple models.

bored&stroked likes this.
  12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I've got a 19 and didn't really have a need for another but this Savage just sits in a closet and I'm tired of looking at it. I'll check out he 26 for the hell of it...might give it to my daughter.

13. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Glock 26 is an awesome pistol that takes the bigger brother's 9mm mags to include the 33 round fun stick. It's probably the perfect size for any adult hands for concealed carry with a pinky extension on the stock 10 rounders. My Department carries the G17 as a duty weapon and alot of the guys use the 26 as an ankle gun.

rd400racer likes this.
  14. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Just purchased one Sunday, wanted to immediately go to the range to try it out, That was right up until I went to dry fire my G26 and went ting. Stripped it down completely and it was gummed up something fierce. Not sure im a fan of that sight though. In daylight it seems outstanding but at night im not sure

15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

If anyone is looking for a good deal, PSA has a vortex strike eagle 1-6x24 optic + mount for $229 shipped...

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I have the big brother, the Glock 27, 40 cal version. It holds 9+1, and like Prospected said the magazines work with the subcompacts. I think it's a terrific gun, and very easy to hide.

rd400racer likes this.
  17. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

^^All of this, it’s my everyday carry.

18. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Are they good? I got one of those, 45cal.

19. Jedb

I've been looking at the Tanfoglio/Witness in 10mm, all steel frame (LINK) Not the compact one.
    I've only shot one of the 9mm polymer versions but I liked it.

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Hows the recoil? I’m still hoping to persuade my girl to become proficient enough to carry, but most guns that fit her tiny hands are a nightmare to shoot.

She can put a mag or two through my p938 but looses interest when it starts to hurt. At that rate it will take forever to get her comfortable. I’m contemplating a glock with some recoil reduction work...