1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

That's how it should work. Big retailers will follow suit, if not then find a new retailer.

gapman789 likes this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Marketing genius at my local range/shop

[​IMG]

MachineR1 likes this.
  4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

You still have to fill out the 4473, that's a Federal requirement for new purchase regardless. The license just means the background check portion takes no time.

gapman789 likes this.
  5. gapman789

But the FFL doesn't have to submit the 4473. They just keep it on file.

6. Just an FYI their 365 straight trigger for 365x/L requires some modifications to get it to work right. They didnt account for enough tolerance. Tried sane trigger on 3 guns, all very different dates of manufacturing and all same issue with safety lever not falling down all the way so can’t get the backplate catches. Yes multiple ways to get it to work but wtf. F ing $90 trigger, their customer support sucks ass and 2 or 3 weeks after they email you back when you’ve called, emailed and even texted the number on their website they tell you to text. I was just trying to ask them a quick fix that they recommend be me doing what I think. Since I was in there polishing anyway I “polished” enough off the bar, massage the corner of the backplate to get it working smooth but you still have to be way too careful with installing the slide for my liking. This is what they emailed me. You cannot blame Sigs tolerances that you didn’t account for. This type of shit customer service drives me nuts, especially with amount of $ I’ve spent with them. My buddy loves that trigger. Personally I think the Armory Craft is a nicer piece but use MCarbo spring kit. My triggers do have similar travel to a proper functioning Carbo one just not good enough of a trigger for the price to have to screw around to even install it let alone get it how you want it. Oh and I also tried a brand new trigger bar I had ordered a couple months ago in case I fucked up one of mine when I was playing with trigger designs.
    Their response.
    The challenge you're encountering is attributable to your trigger bar being slightly shorter than most P365's, a variation arising from Sig's manufacturing tolerances. In contrast, our triggers undergo precision CNC machining to ensure uniformity across all units, setting them apart from the variability seen in Sig's trigger bar.

Thank you for reaching out. We acknowledge the issue you've encountered, and here are the possible solutions to address the concern:

1. Adjusting the Backplate:

• Remove the backplate of the firearm to access the required space.

• Install the slide and then reattach the backplate.
    2. Shaving the Backplate:

• If preferred, a small portion of the backplate can be shaved off to allow the safety lever adequate clearance. Should there be any mishaps in this process, replacement backplates are available from Sig at $15.
    3. Modifying the M*Carbo P365 Trigger:

• Shave the front edge in the gap of the trigger where it meets the FCU. This adjustment will, however, modify the resting angle, increasing the pre-travel. It's essential to understand that this will void our warranty.
    4. Polishing the Safety Lever:

• Without removing material, the safety lever can be polished using a felt polishing bit. This procedure might facilitate the backplate's movement over the safety lever. We advise against altering this pivotal firearm component.
    5. Trigger Bar Adjustments:

• We suggest considering the option of procuring a replacement trigger bar from Sig.

• An alternative is to shave off a slight amount (".001" - ".002" max) from the trigger bar arm where it interacts with the safety lever.

• This is a delicate process, and we stress caution as altering this component is not typically recommended.

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Good to know...thanks.

As a side note....I don't know that I'm going to do anything to my 365's trigger.
    It's no Staccato Trigger, but it's not completely horrible.

Some of the polymer 365's I tried, yes, the triggers were in need of improvement.

I'm going to spend some more time getting more familiar with this piece before I make any major changes.

8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Turkey hunt turned hog hunt. Saw these crossing the road while i was moving to another spot and got the 3030 out. Stalked around and got in front of them and they walked right to me. The one in the picture was the second one on the run. Couldn't believe I got it with all the brush. The first one was point blank so that was easy. 30-30 actually lived up to the brush gun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Clay, RonR and StaccatoFan like this.
  9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Clay likes this.
  10. StaccatoFan

Anyone ever shot a piece from Atlas Gun works out of Vermont?

11. My kid was happy this morning when I gave him his .17 HMR :)

Jed, Razr, Clay and 3 others like this.
  12. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Dad, my birthday is June 23rd and I would really love a new B&T spc9! Oh, and dont give me that "you'll shoot your eye out kid" crapola.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The eight-year-old got a silenced kiddo-sized .22 bolt gun for her birthday and enjoys plinking steel in the back yard. It’s fun watching her learn.

14. StaccatoFan

Great Dads teaching their kids the right things the right way!

Clay and dobr24 like this.
  15. Whether my kids want to take up shooting / hunting or not they will learn gun safety and the dangers of a gun. Thankfully my kids love shooting and son hunting.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  16. So shot a few clips through this CZ SP01 tac with MCarbo spring kit. Still not the “fit”
    I’m used to because with guns I channel my inner Broome ocd but I like the way it shoots. Threw a Strealight on it I had as a spare. Picked up an OWN holster in case I want to carry it hunting.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  17. StaccatoFan

Why does everyone go for the Streamlights vs like OLights?

I ask because the Os are rechargeable. I’m sure Streamlights are great products, but I read their specs and the battery life seems kind of short. I prefer the rechargeables. If streamlight made a recharging light. I’d consider them as a choice more.

18. gapman789

I have an Olight PL mini 2, Olight baldr w/laser, Olight baldr-s w/laser, Olight PL3 valkyrie and a Streamlight TLR-HL. The rechargeability of the Olights are nice no doubt.

19. gapman789

Check out 'Autumns' Armory' on YT if you haven't already.

20. gapman789

Found out what Izaak Walton was today when asking about spectating at some shootin' matches. Who knew.