1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I really want to send the slide from my G20 in for an RMR cut. There's a few companies doing this work, price points are around the same. Anyone you recommend? Move rear sight in front of the RMR or leave it where it's at? Black Ameriglo suppressor height sights or some sort of marking on the front?

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

My GF has a Springfield XDS 9mm and loves it. She was attracted mostly to the backstrap safety, but she loves shooting it too. She has zero issue with racking the slide or recoil. She previously had a Kahr CW9 compact 9mm that she also liked, but wasn't comfortable having it loaded in her purse with no safety. I have a Kahr CM9 that is my favorite to carry. Fits in your pocket if you want.

3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I’m guessing they’ll release a suppressor ready version or someone will make a barrel. S&w makes a suppressor ready 22 that’s only 299.99 online and is nice. I’ve been trying not to buy that

4. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

would be nice if you could get one from the factory with a threaded barrel.

great idea but evidently you have to purchase the threaded barrel separately..

with this, it might be enough to get me to sell my G22 and move everything towards a 23/19/44 size to share holsters and such.

MSRP is $400 wonder what street price will be (once they are generally available).

5. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I looked at the "buy accessories" or something on the website and it shows a threaded barrel assembly available 12/20 I think?

very odd threading, not sure why they would do that, but it does come with the 1/2 x 28 adapter, that's nice of them.

6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I saw a rail mounted suppressor the other day on the facetoobs and it was remarkably quiet.

http://fd-silencer.at/en/

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

There is a factory threaded barrel already. This is Glock. There will be plenty of aftermarket as well.

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Check with LRI(long rifle Inc) and see if he does it. Check them out on facetubes. As a machinist, I over watching his work(e posts lots of videos).

Yup, they do do RMR on Clocks.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  9. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Thanks, I'll check them out.

10. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If the suppressor isn't barrel mounted... No NFA?

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Steeltoe likes this.
  13. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Suppressor & Short Barrell rifle cost me $200 a piece to the NFA for my new build. The manner in which it is attached it irrelevant

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Finally catching up with my emails and I see Bud's sent me an email to 'reserve order' that gun for $369. Just an fyi.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's a round created by FN. Used in their P90/PS90 bullpup and FN57 pistol. Really tiny and very, very fast round.

18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Somewhere between .22magnum and 5.526/.223
    Very fast as @Steeltoe says.

speedluvn likes this.
  19. speedluvn

When I saw the (fast moving) round, over penetration was my first thought. Used for varmint control?

20. speedluvn

That helps tremendously!