1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

EXCELLENT trade. The cz75b is still one of the best feeling guns in my hand that I've ever held. Liked it so much I went out and bought one new. Problem was I never shot it much the first time, and found those skinny good feelings grips actually suck for me. I was super inconsistent with my aim. Eventually sold it to fund my FNP45, which is the best pistol I've ever shot.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Interesting that you say that because changing out the grips is first on my list. Well, first is to actually shoot the damn thing:D

3. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Too be honest I never had an issue with any magazines until we switched to the Sig from Glocks.
    Well I guess that’s not true...

The Glocks we were always told to download one from the mags. But I never had a magazine failure issue.

We were all re-issued new magazines for the Sigs.

As a run down...
    I’m my career from 1994 to 2019 with the Pennsylvania State Police I was issued :

Beretta 96D (silver in color) 40 cal

They were then replaced after a few years with a new:
    Beretta 96D (black in color). Standard replacement. were replaced because the life expectancy and use of the weapons was calculated and it was just time. The second Beretta was then replaced as the department was seeking a new caliber.

The department then went to Glock:
    Glock was a 37.
    Huge mistake by the department. The department went this route with concern of females on the job not being able to handle a full size 45 frame. The .45 GAP round fit the bill. Power of .45 acp round but shorter to fit in a more compact gun. The caliber never really caught on with other agencies. Supply issues and costs were high so the department then went to the:
    Glock 21 in .45 acp. We had this gun for I think one year. The recall issues with the 4 gen 21 ended the Glock.

Sig 227 in 45 acp was next and what is still issued.

I worked in our Bureau of Criminal investigations in either an organized crime unit, narcotic unit and was detached to the DEA for a few years so I rarely carried our full size duty carry guns. I would use them on search warrant entries and other specific planned tactical situations but for me a large portion of my career was as a UC so I carried compact guns I could hide easily.

But to your point yes I’m sure they could also be an issue from use standpoint.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    rk97 and Razr like this.
  4. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Had a delivery today some may consider interesting...2 pallets - 145 cases - of ammo, 9mm and 5.56 all ball. 4176 lbs! Guy wasn't expecting it yet as he ordered it Monday. I had it on my truck yesterday but broke down and didn't get there before they closed.

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Yeah, that was a mistake...it was supposed to go to me so I'll just go ahead and send you my address ok thanks!

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

rk97 likes this.
  7. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

That's $250 before rebate. Damn, tempting...

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's right. The email says "$199.99 after rebate". And all the reviews seem positive.

9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Yes it is!

10. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

MachineR1 and DucatiBomber like this.
  11. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I saw that and agree. Very tempting!

Ride safe,
    AAron

12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Kel-tec P17 is $199 msrp. I want to shoot both before buying one, but for those prices, i may just buy both.

13. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

14. ClemsonsR6

New toy! One of the first in SC.

Springfield 9mm Hellcat

A smidge bigger than my Glock 42 which was just a tad small for my bear paws. With the extended magazine, this thing fits perfectly in my hand.

Can't wait to get to the range with it.

Attached Files:

DucatiBomber likes this.
  15. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Super cool. Have you tried the Sig 365? Curious to hear a comparison of the two.

16. ClemsonsR6

I have not, but the dealer I bought the Hellcat from has the Sig on their rental range.

It may be to late for me, but I could do a comparo for ya.

busa99 likes this.
  17. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

If you don’t mind :D :beer:

My local range has them for sale (the 365) but not to demo unfortunately.

busa99 likes this.
  18. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

bought a 509 tactical last week. was supposedly "used" but pretty sure never fired outside the factory.

headed to a show in FL next week, might see if I can get an Apex trigger for it, they are supposed to be there.

19. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Only thing I notice on the Hellcat is the optics version has an LCI hole right on top. Sig is currently replacing barrels on the X5 Legion's because debris shoots up through there and fogs the optic. Might be something to wait a bit and see if that is happening after some people get rounds through them.

20. ClemsonsR6

I did not get the optic ready version.