1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am Fred Sanford

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Metalhead, Apr 26, 2013.

1. charles

charles The Transporter

Is it soundproof? When your guests scream in that room, can you hear it outside the bunker?

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Hey, that's not fair, I actually cleaned up a bit after you bought all the FZR stuff!

You can see some semblance of organization taking place:D

[​IMG]

3. charles

charles The Transporter

Is that a bottle of '333' beer I see?

4. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

Seeing my shop like that would give me nightmares.;)

5. hinshaw929

Just reading that takes me back to the age of 12. :crackup:

6. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

Actually, when I recently saw a pic of Charles' latest project in your garage, I asked him if that was your garage and was it really that clean. Post up some pics! We need some good ideas.

7. rd400racer

I'll second that. I really do want to be totally organized and clean, but I'm trying to break my hoarding issues. I have parts to 3 RD125's that I'll never do anything with on my shelves. Time to go.

A peak of an organized shop will shame me into doing something.

Oh, and the beer is a 2XIPA.

8. promod

promod Well-Known Member

I agree with Jim,,couldn't live life that way..gotta be in order and clean,,,how the hell you find any parts and pcs. ???? WOW,,,,,,steve........................:D:D

9. charles

charles The Transporter

Listen up: you could perform open heart surgery in Joe's garage, and Jim's garage is a study in efficiency and categorization. Let that be a lesson to those of you who would rumble around in 'Heart of Darkness' garages...

rd400racer...there might be some AHRMA guys who would like those RD125's...done up the right way, they can be screamers in their class...

10. charles

charles The Transporter

Is that square box some sort of 'reflector' on the left to redirect overhead light to the garage floor?

11. promod

promod Well-Known Member

probably when i meet rd400 he'll run me off in the grass for beating up his garage,,and all it was ,,was he didn't have a chance to mop it today aaahhhhhaaaaaaa....sorry rd400 rick said were giving you moral support to help you step up your operation,,u know what we mean:FL::Poke::D:D:D

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Well, I've taken some shit apart and......damn.

Attached Files:

13. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

An overnight soak in WD40 and you're good to go.

The latest competition: two-stroke garages versus four-stroke. Let's see the pics.

14. rd400racer

Damn Richie..that's a knarly looking crank. I think I would send that to a pro for reconditioning.

15. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

$450 for a brand new Hot Rods crank. I don't rebuild mine. Use it for two years and throw it away.

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

It's amazing what a little WD40, 3 in 1 oil, Pinesol, Simple Green, a wire brush, and a brillo pad will do.:D

Attached Files:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still toast.

18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Y'all wanna hear something really effed up? I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing. I've never busted a motor apart ever, let alone a two stroker. Guess I'm gonna have to learn on the fly.:D

19. charles

charles The Transporter

Taking out the crank is the first order of the day. It's a dandy, no sign of any seizure, just a bit tatty here and there...I dare you to list it on eBay, along with a colorful description and several pics..."well seasoned RD400 crank, could use some attention,inexpensive addition for your spares kit..."

You continue to tell us you have 'no clue' as to what you're doing, yet you plunge ahead anyway...you're way over the edge, nearing the precipice of The Dark Side.

Oh wait, whilst i wrote, you did a quick clean up...those main bearings must be sparkling !!!

P.S. What Joe said...brand spankin' new Hotrods crank on eBay, w/wrist pin bearings, for $ 368...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  20. hinshaw929

This thread should supply long term entertainment.