1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FZ-07R Superbike Build

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Ryan79, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Ryan79

Ryan79 Well-Known Member

Hey! Bummer we didn't get to meet. It was a busy weekend with all the tire changing. That was my buddy who caused the red flag on his firebolt. I had just taken him out in the out lap to show him some lines....not long after I pulled away that happend. It was his third race weekend. He low sided in 5 pretty hard and whacked his nugget. He is fine.

I was way off! I guess I just assume the other lightweight bikes are all SVs.

I was bummed to miss Brainerd and miss all the fz 07 action. If you ever come down again for a CCS event shoot me a message!

How much gas did you burn on the GTL race? I need to make a dip stick and start looking closer at consumption. Eyeballing it and using the fuel gauge will catch up to me again.

2. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

I'm one of them SV idiots so my fuel consumption probably won't be relevant ;)

Last year during the 5-hour (at BIR) we pitted next to a FZ team, they were able to do about 50 minutes on a tank, at a quick novice pace (on a stock motor). Drop a couple seconds a lap or run it in superbike trim and you are probably around 45 minutes or less per full tank.

This coming weekend we have the 3-hour endurance up here and there will be several FZ based teams, I'll make sure to talk to them to see how their consumption is and report back for you.

3. Ryan79

Ryan79 Well-Known Member

Weill, its time to build the motor a little bit this winter. I am planning to do a set of cams, degree them, touch up the porting a bit, thin head gasket and re-tune.

I have not decided on a fuel yet. Thinking about Sunoco 94 or MR12. Any thoughts?

Hordboy, do you know what cams guys are running? or have thoughts on this build?

Has anyone done the 5th gear mod?

Thanks!

Ryan

4. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I hate to ask, whats the 5th gear mod?

5. raven21

raven21 Well-Known Member

I have Andy's 5th gear fix and welded shift forks and it works extremely well. No miss shifts or false neutrals.

Ryan79 likes this.
  6. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

Nice write up

7. Like a red powerband :)

8. Ryan79

Ryan79 Well-Known Member

Cool, did you install it yourself? Curious how intensive that is?

9. raven21

raven21 Well-Known Member

No I had andy install it.

Ryan79 likes this.