1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FZ-07R Superbike Build

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Ryan79, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Ryan79

Ryan79 Well-Known Member

Any ideas? Not at all what i was expecting. Blue is pump gas and red is U4.4.

IMG_7335.JPG

2. Ryan79

Ryan79 Well-Known Member

Here are the maps....

Attached Files:

3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Ours made 71 on pump gas with a Yoshi pipe and a canned map off of the Dynojet website. At red line with the stock airbox, ours dipped below 60hp so the Hord box is definitely helping you there. Did the tuner add any ignition advance?

4. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Looks a little rich, they seem to make best power a little leaner than that. I see some big fuel changes in ECO areas, the ECU will un-do that and trim itself back. Chart is kinda useless without a baseline stock run... that dyno probably reads lower than mine.

5. Ryan79

Ryan79 Well-Known Member

6. Ryan79

Ryan79 Well-Known Member

I have not idea what I am looking at

7. Ryan79

Ryan79 Well-Known Member

I rode it last night.....60 degrees in WI in Feb...wtf??!!. It feels waaaay different....little wheelie monster

8. Ryan79

Ryan79 Well-Known Member

Which Bridgestone would you guys run? I want to stick with Bridgestone for the contingency $

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

When my son ran Bridgestones on his SV650, we ran 250 2 stroke tires. Not sure if that's still the hot setup, but they were fast tires.

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I'd use the VO2 slick front. The FZ07 needs rear ride height so I wouldn't use a 165 slick. With the 5.5 wheel, you can use a 180/55 R10 DOT or the big bike slicks. I only have experience in the R10. It's a sprint tire and had lots of grip, but at the expense of tire wear.

11. Ryan79

Ryan79 Well-Known Member

Interesting. Will the VO2 front last a few weekends being pushed hard on this bike?

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The VO2 front will last. I used the type 2 (hard compound) R10 rear. Don't let the "hard" compound scare you. It's still very soft. I did a full track day on it and then a few sprints and it wasn't dead yet. Bridgestone doesn't make a 180/55 slick...

13. Ryan79

Ryan79 Well-Known Member

Thanks man. I'm gunna go with that and try it. VO2 front and R10 T2 rear. Looking to make STT at Barber in 2 weeks for the maiden voyage.

14. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Racers race! Bring it to Roebling March 17-19. We will have ours there. We can help you get it dialed in.

15. Ryan79

Ryan79 Well-Known Member

I hear ya! I need a shit ton of seat time....plus it's way further away. Trust me I'd much rather do a race weekend. 2 solid days of seat time will do me good. I gotta work Monday....going to be a long day considering I won't get home from Barber until 4am

regularguy likes this.
  16. Ryan79

Ryan79 Well-Known Member

I need some numbers.....anybody know a company that makes FZ-o7R number decals?

17. Ryan79

Ryan79 Well-Known Member

Started on body work. I spent about an hour and a half tweaking the tank brackets. The bike rolled when it was crashed on the street before I got it and it really messed up the tank mounts. It was tough to get bent back so it would all line up. It's still a little off where the seat pan and tank cover come together.

Any advise for puttin belly pan on? It's a real bitch to get on and off.....mainly the front dzus fittings are super hard to get in.

The windshield is going to be touching the gauges when I get it installed....anyone else run into this?

The ride height is way offf and it shoots sparks out the back when I get on the throuttle hard....

I'll post more detailed photos later

IMG_7418.JPG

John Hancock likes this.
  18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

ummmm what? Where are the sparks coming from?

19. pdt155

pdt155 Active Member

I think he's making a joke about no rear tire being on.

20. Ryan79

Ryan79 Well-Known Member

Sorry....bad joke. No tire