1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eyes on Virginia

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Dec 15, 2019.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

The fences at a Presidential swearing in are there to provide physical security to the person that represents the office and the other dignitaries in attendance.

The fences around the Virginia State Capitol building are there to keep the people from being allowed in to voice their opinions and have laws passed they do not want enacted.
    Their 1st Amendment Right is being infringed upon by an unjust Government. The members of the Virginia State Assembly are not acting in the wishes of the people they represent, they're acting on their personal agenda to execute controls on the people for the sake of their own desires to stay in power.

Clear difference.

michaelrc51, In Your Corner and Britt like this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

And to compound that what do you do in the cases where there were really no signs present before someone just lost their grip on reality and decided to start shooting? I don't really have any issue with background checks, having to be licensed to carry or even having to register the weapons I own. I do however have a problem with government being the only ones allowed to be armed as they are made up of people and I simply just don't trust very many people.

I'm not sure what the solution to the issue is but I think the place to start is to admit that it isn't a weapon ownership issue and to stop politicians from using that as a method to remove weapon ownership from law abiding citizens. Admit it is a mental health issue and let's start working on how to identify and help those that are loosing their grip on their sanity. I'm good with adding a tax to gun purchases to be applied to improving our handling of mental health issues. I think the solution is to work towards improving the mental health of society and not trying to start a civil war stripping away the rights of people who have done nothing wrong.

turtlecreek and Funkm05 like this.
  3. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

UH no Devil Dog, sorry that entire area is fenced off and all have controlled entry and exit points. You must go through metal detectors, all hand bags must be checked and there are size requirements you're not just strolling into that area where the reflecting pond is located all the way up to the capitol and same goes for Constitution ave right past the white house.

4. Handicapped Racer

The eventual crazy person is something I forgot to mention too. But to be honest I need your definition of mental health, cause I see that being used for some people as a reason and not for others but I too see it that way, but my standards for the designation are way different than the ones described.

5. StaccatoFan

Yes Simple Simon...I'm extremely aware of all those checkpoints and such. Doesn't change the point. Those fences are there to keep bad guys out.

The fences around the VA Commonwealth's State Legislature is there to just keep everyone out.

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

D-Zum isnt wrong on the inaugural part whatsoever. Just saying.

7. Handicapped Racer

Man fuck you all the bull shit is un needed

8. Handicapped Racer

When I was stationed at HQMC we had to prepare for this for Clinton. And I've attended two and all three times he had to go through gated check points. they were as far back as the reflecting pond

9. StaccatoFan

You started with the alliterative name calling. I just responded in kind.

I've been in attendance for a few events/visits attended by the duly elected Chief Executive at that given time myself.
    So you're not impressing me and you're not telling me anything I don't already know on a first hand basis.

It still doesn't mean your use here of physical barriers as a means to make your point was completely incorrect.

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

The same percentage applies to those on the left who act offended.

11. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

They could start by enforcing existing laws and making sure processes are clearly communicated to all law enforcement agencies and FFL dealers. How many of the recent mass shootings happened because of lapses in protocol? A lot. And then hold the LEOs and FFLs accountable when someone drops the ball.

Additionally, hold firearm owners responsible and accountable to proper storage. Get a gun stolen? Better be able to show that someone broke into your safe/locked storage otherwise you’re on the hook for the crime committed. Fail to report a gun stolen? Even stiffer penalty.

Eliminate gun free zones. If you’ve gone through the training then you should be able to carry everywhere as long as you’re not/haven’t been consuming alcohol or are under the influence of applicable medications(narcotics, anti depressants, etc).

Increase funding to mental health facilities and work to de-stigmatize mental health issues.

That still doesn’t cover everything but I feel like it’d be a start. At the very least they’d be productive steps towards fixing the problem instead of finger pointing and feeding the two sides of the rage machine.

Yzasserina and StaccatoFan like this.
  12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Im a full time dome building essential........I promise you've never been as close as myself:D Only the service that's seacret gets closer,and not by very much.

13. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

It's actually pretty simple.
    You have statistical data points. take 1, 5 or 15 of the last mass shootings.
    Look at the circumstances leading up to the shooting. Ask yourself, What law could have prevented this one? I always come up empty. ie; gun was legal, gun was stolen, happened in gun free zone, state with strictest gun laws etc.
    The ONLY consistent and possible prevention falls squarely on the neglect of law enforcement and legislators.
    ie; the FBI was notified of this dude 3 times, this lady called the police and reported this kid 2 times, his social media posts were flagged/reported etc. etc.
    And in all the case's, they(LEO's) did nothing because they CANT!
    These same politicians (D) are restricting law enforcement from acting, releasing criminals with no bail, not charging them with a felony.
    As these Legislators continue to vilify the police, they keep repealing more and more laws that actually hold criminals accountable.
    they know how to prevent some of the shootings,, but choose to act and do the complete opposite.

14. Handicapped Racer

I called you a fucking Devil Dog are you not a fucking US Marine.

My point was the barriers were there you damn sure were not allowed within those fenced areas with a frie arm and you couldn't just roll in and out al you wanted , you he to enter and exist at a secured location and were subject to screening and you know for a fact that is true. and if you were they you damn well it's True. Shit I live here and have to drive into DC every single go on with that bulls shit.

They do that same thing for Forth of July

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I like how the left makes a big deal out of blackface incidents and then makes a complete 180
    when they discover that getting rid of Governor Blackface might hurt them politically.

I'm tired of the faux outrage and the morality-when-it's-convenient.

16. Handicapped Racer

White house once. Is that close enough for you? With the Acmc Gen Went

17. Handicapped Racer

Dude if I was upset of someone who dressed up as a black man in 1982, I would not be speaking to a few of my good friends who I know aren't racist. Shit I'de be pissed at this dude too.

18. StaccatoFan

No....SSgt. USAF 1990-2000.

The job market for my MOS in the USAF was much better then the options life after the USMC would have offered. So I chose the USAF over the Corp.

I've got 30 years working behind barriers.

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Not all problems have solutions. Bad things have always happened in this world
    and they always will happen. Violence and danger are just part of life.

baconologist and nd4spd like this.
  20. Handicapped Racer

Na you just have a different view of what is racist and offensive in those terms.
    also. i didn't hear a people out of anyone when these movies came out.