1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eyes on Virginia

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

I get it, so are you saying it should be the fight of the fittest.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Ah come on terrance,Im not arguing with you at all. I was just pointing out that dzum stated that specific areas are fenced off . But you responded that hes wrong and that the areas are fenced off................:confused:

StaccatoFan likes this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I don't think it's a big deal either, there are enough real things to get upset about.
    A person who takes offense at every little thing is going to live an unhappy life.

jrsamples likes this.
  4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Life is the survival of the fittest. None of us can change that.

5. Handicapped Racer

Then I have you confused with another Fellow US Marine that Used the same screen name on the Nesba forum, but you being a Ssgt in the USAF you're telling me you've never heard the Name Devil Dog before and if so you took that as an insult..... I mean yeah we bust your Balls but you know there is no true disrespect in regards to branches.

6. Handicapped Racer

Guess you have a point there. I see the issues and the points, trust me I do. I just think there has to be a solution to the issue or some way to minimalize it.

7. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

82772111_10157675256460619_4690436326858686464_n.jpg
    there is,,,,

8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I'm the same guy from the old NESBA forum.

I take the Simple Simon back.

My point about the difference in the purpose of the fences in VA stands. I have my own issues with the interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. I occasionally enjoy the day outside shooting sporting clays, and once in a while I'm at the range with my handguns punching holes in paper. All my guns are and have been obtained through completely legal means.

Of all the murders in Baltimore last year, and Chicago, I'd like to see how many of those were committed by LEGAL gun owners.

And to your earlier point you mentioned Terrence....gun laws have absolutely NOTHING that would have prevented anyone from getting run over by that asshole in Charlottesville.
    Should we enact car control laws to prevent legal car owners from committing crimes with cars?

9. Handicapped Racer

Oh no he is correct but those are not the ONLY area's that are fenced off, if I didn't make that clear then that is my fault and I apologize. if I remember correctly that area has about 6 entry points. The one he spoke of. but access to Constitution ave was closed off because I was positioned at I think it was 15 th street Standing there saluting every fucking flag the rolled by and we entered the fenced area at the old Post office which is now Trump Hotel I think is 12th street. The Marine Corps was nice enough to give me a meritorious mass for that work, but my point was this. What they are doing in Richmond with the fencing is the same thing they've done with presidential inaugurations. Controlled entry and exit points to prevent that one lone asshole from fucking sit up.

10. Handicapped Racer

My point with the car was more to the point of them probably trying to prevent another event from taking place that is all.
    I understand your point with the fencing and my only point was that they've done the same in Dc and no one had an issue there, but Dc at the time was May issue. We will see next go around how that plays but as it stands right now one cant carry on the Mall in Dc anyway.

I'm prety sure i made mention of these lays only really hurt people who abide by them. I feel your sentiment more than you realize. I just purchased a Hell cat and cant carry it into Dc cause it holds 11 rounds. but those who'd probably be shooting at me in Dc wouldnt be worried about magazine restrictions. So the laws only restrict law abiding citizens. Mine are purchased legally also. I guess maybe im a liberal who loves his guns but also sees both sides of the argument. I know too many people who have guns that really are not equipped to deal with certain situations

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  11. StaccatoFan

BINGO! That says everything. As much as believe it or not, I'm an independent voter, I will never EVER vote for a candidate that's going full 'Beto.
    "Common Sense Gun Laws" solve NOTHING for law abiding citizens. Jack Wilson in Texas clearly illustrates what a LAW ABIDING Citizen can do
    to prevent unnecessary loss of life when a NON-Law abiding citizen is stopped by an armed and vigil American. We need more of that.

12. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I see that now

13. Handicapped Racer

I paid Beto as much attention as I do the shit on my shoe walking through water. I tuned him out after that one debate where he didn't answer a single effin question that he was asked. I felt like.... Oh I see what you're about..... Bye dude

14. britx303

It is a shame that people got run over with the car and killed. The best way,in my opinion,to prevent that is to not go around stirring up made up shit, demanding people take down "offensive" statues or flags or whatever they are crying about at the moment,especially if you dont live there anyways.Its someone elses history and if it isnt acceptable and your life is in shambles because of this statue that you didnt know about until somebody else told you to go and demand it be torn down,then don't go there. Otherwise,if you keep poking at a snake eventually it will bite back,and at what point does the antagonist not get what they asked for? I dont condone the people getting killed by the car at all......but when is enough going to be enough? Speaking rhetorically......not directed at you personally Dzum:D

Banditracer likes this.
  15. Handicapped Racer

Don't worry I took a friend to a expo at a gun range in Manassas Va a few months ago and my friend told me they had a firearms instructor say that. I was like ….. Un no.. He tried to argue with me but I was like, well you do you boo. but that's not the case.
    Now Pa dropped reciprocity from Va saying their standards weren't stringent enough so I had to trek to Pa to get a CC permit from them.

Fencer likes this.
  16. StaccatoFan

OH I get it Brit...I'd prefer the statues stay up...reminders of what was...and to never repeat the mistakes we've made.

17. Handicapped Racer

this Country has a racist and murderous history no need to white wash it now. I think the National Archives just got called out on this in the last couple of days. I have this idea that the Kids that were picked on and bullied, the one who weren't picked for teams during gym are the one's who are making these laws today. The very same ones telling us how to raise our kids. You can't spank them and you can't Pt them.. You can only talk to them and put them in the corner. problem is the child time out isn't the same as the adult time out.

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I like all the fences, it sets precedent for every future antifa protest.

19. britx303

The statues of confederate generals that were so racist that they lived peacefully with Native Americans and were NOT the ones seeking total genocide of the injuns........unlike the US that did all the removing and slaughtering. Yep.....if ever theres a reason to stand up strong for the 2A......thats a good enough reason in a long line of reasons right there. History is only all too ready to repeat itself.

20. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

If I may be so bold, the best way to prevent such deaths is to a) don't protest in the middle of an open-to-traffic roadway, and b) don't attack a guy sitting in a car. The woman who was hit may or may not have been part of the morons actively beating on the guy's car, but she was most certainly standing in the middle of the road.

Banditracer, StaccatoFan and britx303 like this.