1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eslick

Discussion in 'General' started by six6two, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Eslick FTW! Congrats to Martin, JU and Team RRW!

2. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Amazing racing... best in a very long time. Like it or not THAT is what puts asses in seats and people watching it on TV. That is what will put more money into the sport.

NASCAR-esque? Maybe, wouldnt that be a shame if some of that NASCAR money spilled over and we had a paddock full of semi's with out of industry sponsors plastered down the sides.

You've got 2 young guys out there battling for their lives. Remember when you were their age? Shit we went after it that hard on MX bikes over a plastic trophy let alone a National Championship and a nice paycheck/contract. Running guys over berms, into fences... I guess the world is changing and we should all be nicer to each other. Ya thats what we should do. Maybe we can watch competetive flower planting next season. Everyone will brush the dust off each others asses and go have a circle jerk after. Just like kids soccer, everyone can be a winner!

My opinion of Danny and Josh didnt change after that race. Danny is a good guy who is a great personality for the sport and always treats everyone like his best friend in the paddock. He's an extremely aggressive rider, always has been. Herrin showed that he has amazing speed and skills but a lack of flexibility. Like was said before... how many times do you get stuffed or parked in the same corner before you make a change? Work on some tactics and the kid will be unstoppable. Both of those guys amaze me week in and week out.

Congrats to Martin, he rode well all year and those guys deserve it.

3. kingralphthe3rd

kingralphthe3rd Well-Known Member

Eslick is a beast. It's racing so what they made contact. It happens, but when it happens to number 8 it seems to be a big deal. Sellers suspended and now a possible black flag for Eslick, that's bull shit.

4. bikerdcl03

bikerdcl03 Well-Known Member

Just got done watching the race and holy sh*t that was good.

I can understand eslick coming up the inside on herrin saturday and even on sunday. Herrin made him crash without a doubt in qualifying. Now the race on sundy Herrin was staying wide coming down the hill and eslick was coming up the inside and pushing him wide. Thats on herin to do something else about that. What I don't agree with eslick "bumping" into herrin before going back up the hill after herrin passed him. The guy on speed even said that eslick rather martin win then see herrin win. Maybe if he wasn't so worried about herrin eslcik could of won.

5. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Eslick should sit for the 1st race next season, I mean if you are gonna sit Seller for what he did it's only right to sit Eslick for his actions this weekend.

6. mammoth

mammoth custom bike builder

When E Boz got taken out it was a "racing incident" Guy just couldn't hold the line he tried. Shit happens. This was something else entirely. Racing is dangerous enough without guys trying to purposely take you out. This is NO EXCUSE for piss poor sportsmanship like that.

I hope the AMA steps up & makes an example. Count me as 1 more former fan.

7. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Dude. How long have you been watching racing? I only ask because it sounds like your skirt is too tight and it's cutting off blood flow to your nads.

It's the last race of the year for the title. Gloves are off as it should be. So cry me a river.

Yes I'm bummed for Josh, I would have preferred to see it go down differently...without a crash...but christ man you sound like you want to be Josh's mom. Give it a rest.

8. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Eslick is the man. I love a heated battle.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  9. six6two

six6two AWD

That might hurt ratings... can't happen.

10. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:stupid:

11. TrackStar

Seller got sat because his team fueled the bike on the grid with him sitting on it is what I understood. How does that compare? Thats what I got anyway, I didnt think it was because of the racing incident. Did I get bad info?

12. 178SV

178SV now retired...

I'm just thankful no one got hurt

13. racerxxl

racerxxl Dr. No

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=41826

14. kingralphthe3rd

kingralphthe3rd Well-Known Member

Watch the 1k race. Hopkins bumped someone in the exact same place. Shit happens people!

15. TrackStar

16. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

I get that, and I love tough racing... BUT race the damn race. It appeared to me that running Josh wide and parking it mid-corner was more important to Danny then actually winning the race.

17. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

yeah, but he never posts on here....

18. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

Shit does happen... but "shit happens" usually pertains to accidents.

19. 92cobra

92cobra Well-Known Member

Some good racing and congrats to Martin!!! I really enjoy watching him race and would like to see him on the superbike.

I do have to say that I am little disappointed in Eslick he ability not to control himself by his comment on national television. Save your commentary for off camera conversations, I am curious to see what AMA may say/do in this situation.

As far as the on track incidents that's questionable and was hoping that Josh would be a little smarter around Danny.
    We all like aggressive racing until someone gets hurt.

Kinda reminds me of Rossi stuffing Sete on the last lap for the win.

20. racerxxl

racerxxl Dr. No

So what exactly do you think the part high lighted in red below means?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.