1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eslick

Discussion in 'General' started by six6two, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

Why wouldnt anyone say it to his face?

2. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Oh, some reason I thought I saw you in a camera shot. Guess not.

3. nemo cockrell

nemo cockrell Well-Known Member

because he will "PUll the trigger" haha

4. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

Danny Eslic just kinda cruised around all year and collected points while Martin, Josh, Rapp, Fong, West and a few others actually were trying to win the races, And that is what was so cool to watch.
    Danny has put a bad taste in my mouth. What a dork

5. burner42

burner42 Well-Known Member

I dont think Danny realized his interview had started when he yelled at whoever he yelled at, he is smarter than that... if you watch it again he is surprised and asks Greg if he was on air...
    I think Josh started the whole war by fucking with Danny in qualifying on Friday.
    I think Danny realized he was not going to beat Josh on his home track, but was hellbound not to let Lil Rossi beat Cardenas... Danny wanted a Suzuki/Cardenas to win if he could not.
    Josh Herrin is no angel guys....
    I was thoroughly entertained!!!

6. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I know what I saw on TV, but I also know there can easily be more to it than that. It did seem like Eslick intentionally held Herrin up several times and parked it in the corners. That being said though I didn't see them in every turn of every lap so there is nothing to say that Herrin didn't do some of the same thing, but was lucky and didn't have it get shown on TV.

Not going to call either of them classless or anything else, considering I feel it was racing. Racing will always have good guys and bad guys, it is good for the sport as long as no one gets hurt.

7. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I wish he would have tried to win the race. I really wanted danny to win it all. I am a big fan of his style.

8. KrautBurner

KrautBurner Member

Watch it again closer.

Danny and Josh were dicing the whole time. Remember Rossi and Stoner at Laguna last year? Same stuff and without a grudge. If you step through frame by frame you can see that after Josh passes Danny he is a little hot at the apex. Danny saw some daylight and went for it. If you look closely Josh squeezes Danny out onto the paint which is still wet. Josh wasn't going to give up the line and Danny wasn't going to back off. It looks like Danny's knee hits Josh's clip on and down he goes. That is why his puck and leathers were damaged. Sure they were going at it and Danny was definitely riding aggressively defensive. But he had the line to stuff Josh. He didn't just go in hot like Seller did and take him out. He made the turn every time and so did Josh until Josh tried to return the favor. Josh slammed the door at the wrong place and time. And I am sure emotion was overcoming common sense on both sides. As for the after race comments c'mon somebody calls you a piece of shit and you still have your adrenaline pumping from a championship race with your biggest rival. Of course you are going to pop off. This was a racing incident. The only difference is that everyone saw it coming because of the bad blood. Guys who ride at this level DO NOT throw away championships over grudges. They were all in it to win it and if it weren't for that huge almost high side Danny miraculously survived after Josh went down it would have been closer. BTW the reason for that almost high side was he hit that paint again. Watch it frame by frame you can see it both times. Congrats Martin.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  9. KrautBurner

KrautBurner Member

BTW the reason Seller was benched was because of the accident 2 rounds ago when he barreled into turn 1 and took out a bunch of other riders. He went in so hot he couldn't turn at all and just went straight through the pack. I believe it caused a red flag but I would have to go back and look. The fuel thing was a different incident.

10. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

FUUUCCKKKKK. Taped the race last night, went to bed, got up early just to watch the races, and halfway thru my DVR had stopped recording....
    The last I saw was Westby leading, Seller then Cardenas....
    Now I had to read everything that happened....HOLY SHIT.

Somebody feel free to send me the video...PAYPAL ready....

What a way to start a monday morning....Damnit....I'm going back to bed....I'm sick all of a sudden...:mad:

11. CWN racing

CWN racing Well-Known Member

You don't have the balls to say that to his face:D

12. orientexpress11

orientexpress11 Well-Known Member

True that. I guess Graves should have told Tommy A to adopt the same mentality as Danny.

"If you can't win the race make sure you help your teammate by taking out the contenders! That will be great for us. Thanks Tommy!"

13. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

slow? what races have u been watching?

14. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

100% agreed!!

15. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

:stupid:

I was in hot pits all weekend (AMA tire marshal), tensions were high for everyone period. Josh going back out to keep his tires warm.......you really think that was true???? Why not just keep the warmers on the bike and wait for the 1-2minute mark then go out? It's all part of the game that is played at this level, its racing guys, you think the team just lets the rider make ALL the decisions??

Hell before the superbike race on Sunday, it was big decision making time as far as using which tire, rains, slicks or DOT's as intermediates! I had the Yosh team as one of my teams to watch, they perposely pulled slicks off of the bike after warm up and took them behind the wall to see if the Yamaha team would bite, put the same tires right back on the bike as if they swapped them out for rains....didn't work, Josh Hayes ran slicks and so did Tommy H..

Last race of the season, championships on the line, it was great racing and finally it seems the AMA is shaping up! Superbike race on Saturday was awesome, Tommy pulled off a great win! Blake rode his ass off too, two poles and a win on Sunday! Congrats to Martin for winning the championship, I had the the M4 team too! Good on Hopper too, they ran DOT's and he rode his ass off! Congrats to Josh Hayes for winning the championship! Great weekend of racing for sure.

BTW, Nicky H. was in Tommy's pits and I have never seen so many cameras clicking.....

16. Booty Freak

Booty Freak Well-Known Member

Danny "I like to park it in corners instead of trying to win a race by going fast" Eslick is a chump. Racing is about going the fastest to win a race. Racing is not let me see if I can park people in corners so my competition cannot win a championship. If Eslick was my rider I would of snatched his leathers & helmet to tell he would never race for me again. Crashing going fast is one thing, crashing cause some rider doesn't like you is not fun to watch.

I'm a big fan of racing. I will never be a fan of Eslick or any of his sponsors.

17. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Matt's new toy was being passed around the pits like a doob at a ZZ Top concert circa '77 :p

18. AH406

AH406 Well-Known Member

Still waiting for your detailed answer <hot pit>. Sounds like you had the best pov and the most insight. Edge of my seat.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My take is they were both being stupid and both need to quit it. Doesn't matter how good they think they are, one miscue playing those games can lead to someone dying. It's not acceptable behavior.

20. CWN racing

CWN racing Well-Known Member

agreed, although it was exciting with the red flag and rain and all it was pretty silly guys trying to stuff each other instead of trying to catch cardenas. Hats off to cardenas, hes the only smart one sitting back and watching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.