1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eslick

Discussion in 'General' started by six6two, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. six6two

six6two AWD

I'm all for good hard racing, even some contact. But you're confused...

THIS is good, oldschool(ish) racing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HXqZh5oTK0&feature=related

The shit danny pulled, was uncalled for, and just stupid.

2. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I typically don't have much to say on here. Racing is racing and typically there is next race.

However, I had not come to this thread because I did not want a spoiler.

Having just watched the race. My observation, Cardenas won it (both races).

Eslick is free to do what he needs to do win or lose it.

However, you guys defending him need to get a closer look at the tape. It was not a racing incident, well not just one, it appeared to be a continuous obssession. The park and look, yeah just racing.

Eslick won the battle, he lost the war which was almost handed to him by the red flag.

Eslick represented himself as a thug, not on the race but in the interview. It seemed to me that he recognizes he enjoys a physical superiority over the little guy.

Now is that part of racing too?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't really care that Eslick was going for Josh at all really. What annoyed me is he was giving up so much track positioning to do it. Was he racing for a championship, or to put Herrin in the grass?

I know ''its just racing'' and ''rubbing is racing'' and any other cliche' you wanna throw out there. But I figured he would spend more time trying to win the race/championship than focusing on Herrin.

4. mkvamso

mkvamso Fall Risk

+1

all these herrin fanboys need to suck it up
    if he would have done the exact same thing to eslick, it would have been a clean move or a racing incident. Because eslick did it to josh hes a piece of shit. the championship might or might not have been different if josh didnt crash, but he did and theres no reason to whine about it now

5. RAMBO

RAMBO Well-Known Member

Hopper bumped while IN THE RACING LINE. Not looking sideways running the guy wide while EVEY OTHER rider held their line. The racing was great but if I wanted to watch blocking I would go to a football game..
    IF JRP (oops) runs a guy wide it ruins the SHOW.. but if a leader runs a guy wide(consistantly) while the championship rides away, thats ok? +1 for a fine or sitting out daytona..
    GREAT JOB HOPPER.. great tire choice..

6. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

Redbull gives you....ohhhh

7. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

It means there were 2 different infractions possibly. Thats what I take from the "and" that you highlighted.

Like I said, thats the info I got. Dont know if it's right or wrong.

8. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

Exactly
    Why do you automatically think that anyone who is against what Eslick did is a Herrin fanboy?

9. SurfingRools

SurfingRools Well-Known Member

Eslick parked his bike on the inside down the hill and literally looks over at Herrin as if to say Fuck you.......theres a big difference between racing hard and giving it everything you have and playing bumper cars. Looked like a move I'd see playing Motogp on Xbox live.

Real funny Cardenas could just sail away and stay out of the drama.....good on him

10. jamesvb

jamesvb Member

I had a run in with Danny at a TRACKDAY years ago. I said at that time that he would get someone killed one day. I hope I'm wrong.

11. RAMBO

RAMBO Well-Known Member

great vid 662. Danny is way too young to know about those days. Those guys raced to beat each other lap by lap. Never trying to alter lines to move a rider over turn by turn..

12. kingralphthe3rd

kingralphthe3rd Well-Known Member

Ehhh, either wAy I'm still a fan of Eslick and respect him defending his position. Herrin made him crash in qualifying so he just repaid the favor.

13. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Control himself? The guy was talking shit to him while on camera, he stood up for himself. I didn't like the move that took Herrin out, there was no open pavement where he was trying to pass and it was a dirty move, but I still like him more for being a real person instead of a robot like Herrin. (I've never met either of them, I'm just going off of tv interviews, I like racers that are real and interesting).

14. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Yes.

15. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Dude, I hope I am never on track with you.

16. nemo cockrell

nemo cockrell Well-Known Member

if your running the race group on a trackday u put urself and others in danger if ur not up to speed..

17. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

So what is your opinion since you were there?

18. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Wasn't there - my rider is broken.

My opinion would be that none of these guys who call Eslick shitty and classless and the like would have the balls to say it to his face.

19. watskooo

watskooo Well-Known Member

Doesn't mean he doesn't deserve quite the penalty from the AMA. Repeated attempts to run another rider off the track and injure him, can't see how anyone could defend him.

And why I'm pissed, even as a Cardenas fan? It ruined the racing, once Eslick was no longer riding to win, but to try to stop Herrin from finishing.

20. nemo cockrell

nemo cockrell Well-Known Member

+1 to rm

he was just making sure he slowed down his machine and didnt scratch the the paint the first four times lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.