1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebola

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Sep 16, 2014.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Just curious if it was a study. I have not detected the same as you. Shoot the first governors to quarantine were of each party. In DC is it more Dems supporting Obama than against quarantine I suspect.

2. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Which side is mine on? I have no idea.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:stupid:
    I'm not sure I see the same thing you do. Could you elaborate Crashman?

4. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Yet, the military is going to quarantine the 3,500 hundred military members that it sent to West Africa. :confused: So, what is the policy here Mr. President? Seems that your government is sending out mixed messages.

5. sheepofblue

Not at all the military is second class citizens to him.

6. Sacko DougK

I'm sure his response will be, "The first I've heard about this was on the news." You know, the news that he doesn't watch. :rolleyes:

7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

spend five minutes on gawker and another five on fox. one group is railing against quarantines and the other against travel to west Africa. This thing got politicized right out of the gate.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's exactly why we need to see some data. :D

9. sheepofblue

That is the whiner class. I suspect the actual voters have less polarity though it is a guess.

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Death rate in the number of those infected or death rate in the number of people that die from Ebola or Influenza? :Poke:

Current numbers for Ebola are about 5K dead, with about 80% of those infected dieing. Reports indicate that with the right care 50% or more of those infected would survive. Some say that number could be as high as 80%.

World Health Org says Influenza kills 250,000 - 500,000 people each year and is much more easily transmitted.

11. Joe Morris

The Dungeon mob demanded a political response. They got it. Every politician and media stream has to pick sides and champion it as irrationally as possible until the mid-terms. The mob wins and will no doubt count themselves as the losers. :rolleyes:

12. Sacko DougK

I'd say the Dungeon mob, and the average American citizen, wanted effective leadership. We are still waiting.

13. Joe Morris

I assure you that you received what you asked for. :crackup:

[​IMG]

14. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Panicking like everyone else is. Since our beloved POTUS isn't doing anything, i feel like i have to take things into my hands to protect myself.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  15. Sacko DougK

I guess you missed the part that we are still waiting?

16. Joe Morris

I know. I'm just picking on you a little. We have different expectations from our government. :beer:

17. Sacko DougK

Small and effective? If so, than we are very much in agreement.

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Going by some of the political sites I debate on, there is a large contingent parroting whatever the President and his people say at any time.
    Currently, anyone who thinks Ebola is dangerous is a moron.
    It's nearly impossible to get, but strangely, all the health workers are heroes for dealing with it.

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I haven't seen any panic. I hear a lot of people claiming there is panic, though.

20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I have my opinions. No amount of facts will change them! :D

I have not been following this super close and couldn't be bothered to do any real research but what I am seeing is the usual group of idiots have fallen in line with Obama and the other group of idiots oppose everything that Obama does, regardless of merit. There may be exceptions but my impression is the majority have turned it in to nothing more than an attempt to sway the electorate and forward their agendas.